Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

Grant done for the year

Thankfully this opens up another roster spot for a FB or TE.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow...it's rare to see an ankle injury that doesn't involve a fracture end someones season.

Ahtletic Trainer's opinion:
    Based on the picture of the injury I saw, my guess is he did significant injury to the Tibular-Fibular ligament and the syndesmosis (sheath that connects b/w two lower leg bones), aka as a "High ankle sprain" that resulted in a widening of the joint space b/w the two lower leg bones...many don't result in the widening of the joint space, but ones that do are considered 'significant"
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I knew when i saw his ankle wrap back under him like that. Eh. I always considered his ability mediocre anyways. Thankfully we have another mediocre running back standing by to shoulder the load.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    i knew when i saw his ankle wrap back under him like that. Eh. I always considered his ability mediocre anyways. Thankfully we have another mediocre running back standing by to shoulder the load.

qftmft!!

Super Bowl back on!

Signed Dimitri Nance an undrafted FA RB from Atlanta's practice squad. Was a dominate short yardage runner at ASU avg a gaudy 4.0 yards a carry in his 4 year career. Hard to run the ball in the Pac 10.

I have to eat my words about Ted not willing to do whatever necessary to make the team better. This is the type of signing that puts team over the top.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    edit: Now I'm hearing that along w/ the ankle injury, he also has a fracture near his knee I was told...making it likely that this is a maisonneuve fracture. Only seen one personally in college...
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    I knew when i saw his ankle wrap back under him like that. Eh. I always considered his ability mediocre anyways. Thankfully we have another mediocre running back standing by to shoulder the load.
    1,200 yards is mediocre?

in a 16 game season, yes. Grant is a 1 move back who rarely breaks a tackle. If the line opens up a huge hole, sure he makes his yardage. I mean 99.9% of pro backs should. But Grant rarely makes anyone miss, and rarely does anything spectacular. He's a nice serviceable RB. Most teams would love him as the backup.

I would have liked to see them get a change of pace guy. Brandon Jackson runs just like Grant. And this Nance guy sounds very similar. Why not a fast guy who can stretch the field of play and maybe do something in the open field on 3rd downs and swing passes? It's like the opposing D just has to prepare for the exact same RB all the time.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    Super Bowl back on!

Signed Dimitri Nance an undrafted FA RB from Atlanta's practice squad. Was a dominate short yardage runner at ASU avg a gaudy 4.0 yards a carry in his 4 year career. Hard to run the ball in the Pac 10.

I have to eat my words about Ted not willing to do whatever necessary to make the team better. This is the type of signing that puts team over the top.
    Is there a sarcastic smilie?

I take birdshit personally.

Grant is definetly overhyped..he runs like AP without the anger and power lol, jackson will fill in well. It actually looked like jackson was a little faster.

If you check today's MJS Sports page, you will see that Grant has solid/consistent numbers the past two years. No he's not an AP (but without the fumbles this is a good thing) or CJ, but he's a good, solid back that will suck not having.
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by VroomPshhTsi View Post
    If you check today's MJS Sports page, you will see that Grant has solid/consistent numbers the past two years. No he's not an AP (but without the fumbles this is a good thing) or CJ, but he's a good, solid back that will suck not having.
    His loss wont be a huge factor, still. Jackson seemed to be faster and unless you can punish linebackers like AP or how Jacobs usto, grants running style isint that effective. His numbers are a result of a lethal passing game IMO. I predict Jackson will snap this weekend in buffalo and put up solid numbers. He is hungry, fast, and young. His durability is the only question in my mind.

Guess I haven't been on in a couple days.

Ummmm. No.

I take birdshit personally.

i think they should bring in larry johnson...i know everyone thinks he is done but i think he would really help the running game...

plus they can sign him to a 1 year deal worth basically nothing...cant hurt to gice him a shot..
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

I rather not see a washed up guy like LJ or Willie Parker. Then again, Jackson as the main back is pretty sad. The Bills might want too much for Lynch but surely there is a team out there with some depth that we can tap into. Time for Teddy to make a move.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares