Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If put duel 255s I'll be ok with the stock fuel system? Is there a write up on how to do the duel pumps, I searched everywhere on the L forums.
    Last edited by OxmanWI; 09-23-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    If put duel 255s I'll be ok with the stock fuel system? Is there a write up on how to do the duel pumps, I searched everywhere on the L forums.
    It seems odd with all that work that stock pumps would be in there. How did you go about finding out they were stock? If they are indeed stock then yes the dual walbros with the stock lines and rails will be plenty for what you have.

Here is a how to.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/how-arti...p-install.html

I pulled the tank down last weekend, I only peeked in there and saw the green tops on the stock pumps. I also asked the previous owner and he said stock, but from the way he sounded I had better look anyways.

Thank you very much for the write up link!
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Here's the pumps with install kit... add on the new fuel line and stainless y while you're at it. I don't know about the relay switch... depends if you're going to tune for the high/low or just leave it in high all the time. Not bad at around $250 for all of it.

http://www.lightningforceperformance...stall_Kit.html

Edit wow free shipping too. I like LFP for parts. bought a lot of stuff there.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Dual walbros will work. But beware walbros suck. Be very careful to not run the tank low or you will kill them very quickly and now you have 2 points of failure either of which can hurt the motor.

What pumps would you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Dual walbros will work. But beware walbros suck. Be very careful to not run the tank low or you will kill them very quickly and now you have 2 points of failure either of which can hurt the motor.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Dual walbros will work. But beware walbros suck. .
    I know a lot of people who run them (myself as well), follow Supra and 7 second Starlet builds who have run simple W-255's and never heard of a pre mature failure?

That being said Im running a Aeromotive A-1000 on my new project, about the top choice amongst FI drag cars worldwide (many Bosch 044 users out there as well).

They are run without a bottom sump on lots of applications but often debated on drag forums.
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

are you running some kind of pickup in the hat since it's not sumped with the a1000?

I haven't really seen any failures of the walbros that the cobra and lightning guys use. It seems the models that do fail end up being knock offs. Who else makes in tanks other then denso and bosch?

http://www.fuel-pumps.net/walbro-forgeries.html

I dont see a problem with them, just gas up when the tank is at 1/4 rather than <1/8. It's not like you're in the middle of the desert with 300 miles to the next stop.

Anyone want to do a Lightning meet up before the winter?
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Depends when it is. My weekends are gettin pretty busy.

Truck looked nice all done up yesterday man. I knew it was you instantly because of the hood nostrils. Sounded great to me even though you said it's too loud still. I was thinking maybe the headers are making it louder even with the high flows. That's the one thing I can't vouch for since i have the ol' manifolds.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    Truck looked nice all done up yesterday man. I knew it was you instantly because of the hood nostrils. Sounded great to me even though you said it's too loud still. I was thinking maybe the headers are making it louder even with the high flows. That's the one thing I can't vouch for since i have the ol' manifolds.
    the crappy mac catback along with the headers probably makes it loud. I thought mine was loud with the long tubes and silver bullet and it got even louder after going built.

Not sure how many lightnings are in this area for a meet. It seems me and animal are the only ones that post on here.

True, maybe the mac is louder than i had realized. Never really knew anyone that had one of those.

Thumbs up

id be interested in a lightning meet.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonsaxton View Post
    id be interested in a lightning meet.
    Did i just see you near the west allis dump on saturday? I gave a thumbs up from a 95 f-150 i was in.

BCM Cruiser
    I would show if I am free. Dave, I am sure Alan would make an appearance.
    1993 SVT Mustang Cobra
    2004 SVT F-150 Lightning

Is this something we want to do soon or later on? Packer bye week might be an ideal weekend, but that's way into november.

Haha I had no idea that was you! The exhaust was so loud in the cab I couldn't hear you beepin at me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLightning View Post
    the crappy mac catback along with the headers probably makes it loud. I thought mine was loud with the long tubes and silver bullet and it got even louder after going built.

Not sure how many lightnings are in this area for a meet. It seems me and animal are the only ones that post on here.
    Yea I was telling Dave I might get a mangaflow cat back this winter. Might help a little.

Is this something we want to do soon or later on? Packer bye week might be an ideal weekend, but that's way into november.
    I'm free on the 31st, 6th-7th, 13th.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

I'm putting mine away first weekend of november.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk