Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nice. If you want to trade up the chrome for silver rims let me know i have a set of 99-00 rims i'm doing nothing with.

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    He was a nice guy, but yea I was disappointed in a couple things. Overall I got a great deal and it's a great truck.
    I sent u a pm man. Lemme know and maybe we can meet up sometime i'd love to check this one out.

I will say black is the fastest lightning color but this red one sure will make a good argument

looks good even though it's red

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    I will say black is the fastest lightning color but this red one sure will make a good argument
    you ever get that KC installed or is it sitting collecting dust?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLightning View Post
    you ever get that KC installed or is it sitting collecting dust?
    Neither... the box is closed so there's no dust on it

I'm lazy it would appear.

i think ill keep the rims for now. What is a KC? I think i got lucky with the Red. That is the color i wanted since i was looking. Ill have to say i really liked the sonic blue or midnight grey as well.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

cool truck, did you get the stock hood? or does it need a different hood do to super charger swap? but congrats
    EMT/Fire fighters- " this ain’t a job. It ain’t an occupation. It’s a calling. A need. A desire that you feel in your bones and your brains and your nut-sack."Tommy Gavin(Denis Leary)

Quote Originally Posted by xxtremeteam View Post
    cool truck, did you get the stock hood? or does it need a different hood do to super charger swap? but congrats
    It's a aftermarket fiberglass, you don't need to change out hoods for the swap. Thanks bro!
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    i think ill keep the rims for now. What is a KC? I think i got lucky with the Red. That is the color i wanted since i was looking. Ill have to say i really liked the sonic blue or midnight grey as well.
    http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...mpaign=KC-SVTL

Or simply killerchiller.com

Few questions:

1. Can I upgrade to a 2001+ Computer? What difference would that make? (couple threads on NLOC) Since I'm going to be making more than 500 at the wheels, what MAF would you guys recommend? Would a 90mm L-MAF be ok?

2. Just to make sure, I think I'm right, but I should ask. For the exhaust, the first pair of O2 sensors are BEFORE the cats and the second are BEHIND the cats, right? I'm going to drop the mid-pipes and clamp in some magnaflow cats.

3. With the older cast aluminum KB kit, does that mean I might still have the leaky innercooler system?

4. Where is the computer located, in the passenger side kick panel?

5. I know I need it tuned, before I start driving it. What would you recommend for this set up?

Thanks for any help!

Josh
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Few questions:

1. Can I upgrade to a 2001+ Computer? What difference would that make? (couple threads on NLOC) Since I'm going to be making more than 500 at the wheels, what MAF would you guys recommend? Would a 90mm L-MAF be ok?
    YOu shou
    2. Just to make sure, I think I'm right, but I should ask. For the exhaust, the first pair of O2 sensors are BEFORE the cats and the second are BEHIND the cats, right? I'm going to drop the mid-pipes and clamp in some magnaflow cats.

3. With the older cast aluminum KB kit, does that mean I might still have the leaky innercooler system?

5. I know I need it tuned, before I start driving it. What would you recommend for this set up?

Thanks for any help!

Josh
    1. I think you will need an extender or a BA2600. I haven't heard of swapping PCM's.
    2. there are 4 cats on the L. The front ones are said to be the bottleneck in the stock system. You have to leave the front o2's and the rears will be turned off in the tune.
    3. you can have your vin checked to see if the IC recall was done or not. If it wasn't you can get a used IC and 01+ midplate in the classifieds usually.
    4. yes under the glovebox on the side wall.
    5. change plugs and fuel filter. I'm assuming that's what you were asking.

check out lightningrodder.com as it has alot more traffic then nloc.

Few questions:

Thanks for any help!

Josh
    Ok this is too much to type here for me. PM me back from the pm i sent you last week. I'd love to check out the truck and I can probably answer a shit ton of questions for you at the same time

Otherwise... i'd agree with most of what BL said.

Animal I sent you a PM back twice, I'm free today and Tuesday & Wednesday of next week if you want to stop by, let me know.

Another thing. I found out that I have the stock fuel pump in the tank, someone on lightning rodder said it should be good up to 800 HP, but I don't know about that. What kind of pump should I get to support my set up?

Thanks,

Josh
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Animal I sent you a PM back twice, I'm free today and Tuesday & Wednesday of next week if you want to stop by, let me know.

Another thing. I found out that I have the stock fuel pump in the tank, someone on lightning rodder said it should be good up to 800 HP, but I don't know about that. What kind of pump should I get to support my set up?

Thanks,

Josh
    ORLY? There's not one message from you in my PM box

There's no way I'd agree with the stock pumps (155's i think) going to 800. I'm skeptical that the dual 255 walbros would even be enough. Most guys at that level are running a more substantial fuel system anyway with not only pumps/injectors but rails and larger lines as well. I'm sure BL can fill you in on his setup. I don't think the 2.3 KB is enough to push you that high though. Most I ever really heard of on that setup was in the upper 600's rwhp range. Granted I haven't exactly been watching it that closely either.

I've always been kinda of the opinion the stock pumps, injectors, and maf are good to about 450-470rwhp at the top end. If seen people max the maf/injectors out at way less also.

I'll PM you my email addy.

Sent a PM, let me know if you get it. I'll call you tonight, thanks bro
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Didn't get it? Try one more time i cleaned stuff up.

PM sent
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    ORLY? There's not one message from you in my PM box

There's no way I'd agree with the stock pumps (155's i think) going to 800. I'm skeptical that the dual 255 walbros would even be enough. Most guys at that level are running a more substantial fuel system anyway with not only pumps/injectors but rails and larger lines as well. I'm sure BL can fill you in on his setup. I don't think the 2.3 KB is enough to push you that high though. Most I ever really heard of on that setup was in the upper 600's rwhp range. Granted I haven't exactly been watching it that closely either.

I've always been kinda of the opinion the stock pumps, injectors, and maf are good to about 450-470rwhp at the top end. If seen people max the maf/injectors out at way less also.

I'll PM you my email addy.
    yea no fucking way will stock pumps go to 800hp. The stock lines are good to about 700hp which is pushing it. The dual 255's are supposedly enough for 1000hp with upgraded lines. I would get those stockers out and swap in 2 walbro 255's.

I have aeroquip -8 feed and a -6 return with metco rails and dual 255's on mine.