Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New Lightning owner!

As of today I own a 1999 SVT Lightning. Picked her up this afternoon in Madison and couldn't be happier with the purchase. I'll have some pictures in a couple weeks, since I've been so busy with the job and new house I haven’t been posting for a while on BCM.

If you guys have any suggestions or comments feel free, I plan on getting it dyno tuned with Marv at C&M with a SCT X-Cal2 and a SCT MAF. It also needs some new headlights, tails, fogs and grilles. (Don't worry keeping the stock look)

But other then that I love it, great truck!

Some mods and specs

- Forged 5.4 bored .20 over, Manley H-Beam rods, Diamond pistons, APR studded heads, Comp (SC) Cams, Cobra R water pump, Motorsport oil pump.
    - Kenne Bell SC
    - Accufab single blade throttle body with inlet pipe.
    - 60lb injectors
    - Accel coils
    - Bassani headers, mid pipe with mac cat back.
    - Tranny has precision industries 2800 stall converter, AFCO twin cooling fans with twin fan heat exchangers.
    - Diablo sport tune
    - Comp engeneering slide a link suspension, 4:10 gears, rear drop shackels, driveshaft loop.

Thanks guys!

Josh

Last edited by OxmanWI; 09-16-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    sweet. post up some pics!!! you should know by now that's a requirement with threads like this

bad ass. glad you got a prebuilt one as it's cheaper in the long run. I would take the trip and have Bob Kurgan tune it before he moves. Let's see some pics.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Nice.. sounds like a bad ass ride. Congrats.

New Lightning owner!

Nice choice. I've always been a fan of those trucks. Like stated above, post some fucking pics!! lol

very nice! congrats on the badass new truck!

Yes ! Congratulations. Sounds extremely sick got to be a piece north of 500 ponies available under the hood in that ole' F-One Fitty ?

Somedays I almost wish I would have bought a Lightning instead of my Terminator.

Looking forward to the pics.

Congrats, Lightnings are cool!!

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    I think I saw your car at AutoZone today in the Falls!
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Sounds about right for that Nissan...
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    except for Animal's Just kiddin dude!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Yup, Cleaning supplys.

Quote Originally Posted by pOrk View Post
    Sounds about right for that Nissan...
    You can talk when you ever own a car thats even half as cool......And Malibus with pig stickers dont count.

congrats and post pics!!!!
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Nice. I'd love to check it out sometime. How much boost on the ol' kb?

Which KB is it? the cast aluminum one or the billet one?

I'm waiting for my firefighter plates, so I can't drive it right now. When I take pictures I go all out and find a spot to take some great pictures with my Cannon.

It's the older KB, cast aluminum. I have the 2.75 pulley on there with a 9 inch crank. 10-12 PSI? Yea I’m in the Falls now, stop by whenever.

The guy who sold it to me had put the Bassani off road mid pipes and I hate the sound, too loud for my taste. I’d rather hear the blower then a super loud exhaust that I’d get pulled over for. Plus there are no cats throwing a CEL for that. There's a Diablo chip tune, which is an old tune (6 years ago). It has the stock 80mm L-MAF and needs to be updated to a newer 90mm L-MAF or SCT-MAF with a good dyno tune from C&M. He had put 4.10s in the rear a couple years ago and never updated the tune, the speedo is off by 15 mph on the highway. Other than that, she’s a beast and love the truck.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

Lol... 10-12? 2.3 kb on a exhaust manifold + high flow cat exhaust... the 8.5" x 3.25" pulley combo is getting 14-15psi based on the L forums. I'd say you're more like 18-19 psi with that pulley combo. Perhaps 17-18 with the small headers and offroad tho. I suppose I could be wrong.

Does it have the sheetmetal intake plenum or the stock cast one?

Definitely go get a sct maf with that combo. Is there a mafia or something there? i can't believe you can even give it gas with the old 80mm there... in fact i'd be afraid to get in boost at all with it like it sits.

Did the guy give you any dyno numbers? I'd bet it's in the 550-600rwhp/650-700tq range or so with those specs. Should be a monster with a maf and tune.
    Last edited by animal; 09-16-2010 at 11:39 AM.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Sounds like one hell of a truck!!!
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Based on what i know of those kb's... that thing is singing a sweet tune at that rpm as well

Also... sounds like the original owner either didn't know what he was doing, didn't care about doing things right, or took off a bunch of shit before selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    Lol... 10-12? 2.3 kb on a exhaust manifold + high flow cat exhaust... the 8.5" x 3.25" pulley combo is getting 14-15psi based on the L forums. I'd say you're more like 18-19 psi with that pulley combo. Perhaps 17-18 with the small headers and offroad tho. I suppose I could be wrong.

Does it have the sheetmetal intake plenum or the stock cast one?

Definitely go get a sct maf with that combo. Is there a mafia or something there? i can't believe you can even give it gas with the old 80mm there... in fact i'd be afraid to get in boost at all with it like it sits. What is the mafia? Aftermarket MAF?

Did the guy give you any dyno numbers? I'd bet it's in the 550-600rwhp/650-700tq range or so with those specs. Should be a monster with a maf and tune.
    I could be wrong too, so not sure on the PSI. It has the stock cast plenum. No dyno sheets, just receipts and documents for the parts and labor. Yeah for sure, I'm not going to drive it anywhere until everything is set up nice and a new tune is in.

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    Based on what i know of those kb's... that thing is singing a sweet tune at that rpm as well

Also... sounds like the original owner either didn't know what he was doing, didn't care about doing things right, or took off a bunch of shit before selling it.
    He was a nice guy, but yea I was disappointed in a couple things. Overall I got a great deal and it's a great truck.
    Last edited by OxmanWI; 09-16-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird

picture on post #1
    Last edited by OxmanWI; 09-16-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    -Josh

Tork Tech Thunderbird