Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'08 vette boost options

My coworker has a 2008 c6 vette 6speed and wants to have a shop install a power adder... He was thinking twin turbos but I also suggested the option of a blower.... My question is what's out there for c6 veTtes that are proven systems??? Its just a sunday car will never see the strip but he does want it to perform!

Any suggestions?? Thank you
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by sloLs1 View Post
    My coworker has a 2008 c6 vette 6speed and wants to have a shop install a power adder... He was thinking twin turbos but I also suggested the option of a blower.... My question is what's out there for c6 veTtes that are proven systems??? Its just a sunday car will never see the strip but he does want it to perform!

Any suggestions?? Thank you
    I love my procharger setup on the TA. STS twin turbo kits are junk. Do not let him get that.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Last edited by SLOWC5; 09-13-2010 at 11:59 AM.

1999 C5 TT street car - 901/881 on pump gas, 10.82@137mph
    2013 Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWC5 View Post
    tvs2300....

Jeff
    What is that??
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Fixed with links.

2013 Denali Duramax

Centrifugul blower like a procharger or paxton Novi... Turbos are nice but not many kits around that arent priced astronomically. This is a 10.7:1 motor so its not going to tolerate much boost let alone heat... there in lies the issue with a roots/screw blower in this app.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Centrifugul blower like a procharger or paxton Novi... Turbos are nice but not many kits around that arent priced astronomically. This is a 10.7:1 motor so its not going to tolerate much boost let alone heat... there in lies the issue with a roots/screw blower in this app.
    I think both of those kits above are screw type.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    IMO I agree with Tom. Centri is the way to go especially with a stock engine. Heat is bad.

Both are screw style and both are very reliable and good drivability and know to make good power. Too each their own

2013 Denali Duramax

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Well he was quoted 10k to have twin turbos installed.... He didn't thatnk that was such a bad price soooo I'm assuming he wants as much power he can get wiith driveability in mind for around 10k lol..... I'm just trying to help him make a decision
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Id contact A&A Corvette or East Coast Supercharging, there pretty much the best in the business when it comes to the vettes and there pricing is well under 10K installed on most of there custom supercharger packages. They both offer installation or just kits for you to install. Ive installed both the ECS Novi kit and the A&A Vortech kit in the past, the kits are well thought out, have alot of nice custom parts you dont get in the off the shelf kits and are really reasonable as far as price. If you check out the forced induction section of corvetteforum they are sponsors and ususally have good pricing floating around.

You did ask for PROVEN kits, so here they are....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...al-6499-a.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...and-tuned.html

These are the current INSTALLED specials, the kits are cheaper obviously if you just want to buy them. But like i said, ive dealt with both, and there both aweseome kits with a great price.

Sorry i didnt edit my original post, apparently I still cannot due to post count or somthing?

thank you gtslow and emptypockets... those are good links. ill show those to him.... now ill just have to find a reputable shop around here to do that!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Yea I have heard good results from the A&A kits as well.

thank you gtslow and emptypockets... those are good links. ill show those to him.... now ill just have to find a reputable shop around here to do that!

I believe Speed Inc is a retailer/installer for A&A, they were running a special a while back. May want to contact them. Also i believe ECS offers there kits with a procharger head unit if you would like instead of the Paxton. Last time I checked ECS was still the IRS corvette 1/4 record holder with the paxton head unit though. Both of them are great kits, i liked the A&A kit the most and A&A's customer service was better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    tom id send him to you, but i think he wants a "shop" to do the install just so that if something were to happen he would have a place to go back to. Hes an older guy who is retiring in 2 years and just wants everything to be legit, even though you would prolly do the best work and get it done for a good price....

how well does the stock clutch hold up in the c6 vettes??
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

The clutch's life will depends on a few things. How good the tires are and how he drives. All in all though the stocker will have a very short life at 600 rwhp+

tom id send him to you, but i think he wants a "shop" to do the install just so that if something were to happen he would have a place to go back to. Hes an older guy who is retiring in 2 years and just wants everything to be legit, even though you would prolly do the best work and get it done for a good price....

how well does the stock clutch hold up in the c6 vettes??
    I wasnt imply i would do it hahah, just was agreeing. Does this old feller know what hes getting into? i mean the LS3 in stock form is not slow! Just dont let him go too bat shit crazy with this thing to the point of hurting the motor or him self.

As far as the clutch goes, i dont forsee this thing ending up at GLD doing 6500 RPM holeshots off a two-step on slicks and provided he doesnt pour the coals to it every second he drives it, that clutch will last a long while. The F1's will for sure be the fuseable link.
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 09-15-2010 at 07:20 AM.