Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Call in Detroit/Chicago game

I understand the rule, but what a bunch of bullshite. Haven't Detroit fans suffered enough?

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    i agree 100% in my eye's it was a touchdown. fuck da bears.

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    both teams suck

Quote Originally Posted by bobby "the tug" flay View Post
    both teams suck
    qft.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deggy View Post
    qft.
    True.... but any Bears loss is a good loss.

IMO... the Bears just lost to the Lions.

Worst officiating ever !

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    That's a horseshit rule. I don't get why a guy can dive into the endzone barely break the plane and it's a TD. But a guy clearly has control of a football, not only gets 2 feet down, but also a hand and an ass, and that's not immediately a TD.

That kind of call could really be a season turner for Detroit. They could have came out of that with a ton of confidence. Instead they feel like same old Detroit.

They need a backup QB though if Stafford is going to be tissue paper. That defense is pretty damn good though. I still say they beat the Packers 1 game this year.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post

That kind of call could really be a season turner for Detroit. They could have came out of that with a ton of confidence. Instead they feel like same old Detroit.
    I agree 100%.

Grew up in Chicago. Am still a Bears Fan. That call was shit. Lions deserve the win. Lovie needs to retire and some veteran receivers should be hired.

If you catch a ball, hit your ass on the ground and then turn to get up and pitch the ball out the back of the endzone...it's a touchdown.

Being a Lions fan, this pretty much ruined my whole day

Imo, for the Lions coach to agree with the call is bs too. I just watched it for the first time and I dont get how it wasnt a catch! 2 feet in, a knee and hand down, should have been a catch the play done with. wtf does he have to stand up again? it wasnt a diving catch!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    Imo, for the Lions coach to agree with the call is bs too. I just watched it for the first time and I dont get how it wasnt a catch! 2 feet in, a knee and hand down, should have been a catch the play done with. wtf does he have to stand up again? it wasnt a diving catch!?!
    And his ass, I mean if that isn't a catch, I don't know what is! A running back can "break the plain" and fumble a half second later and it's good, but a reciever makes a circus catch, maintains possesion, flips the ball when he's getting up to celebrate and it's NOT a TD? A bunch of shite. Same with the "can't touch the QB's helmet" rule. I mean blows to the head should be called, but a touch (there were 2 in this game, one on each team) to be called is BS. This is a big boys game, they are trying to water it down to touch football when it comes to the QB's.

It was under two minutes so he couldn't challenge anyway. It was booth review correct ?

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
    It was under two minutes so he couldn't challenge anyway. It was booth review correct ?
    yup

He didn't get up and pitch the ball out of the endzone, the ball came out of his hand when it hit the ground after he made the catch. And no im not a bears fan. This was a terrible call. He had possession, had 2 feet down and had control, what happens to the ball after that shouldn't matter. I don't understand how the rules work, but in this case it seems ridiculous that that isn't a td catch for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    That's a horseshit rule. I don't get why a guy can dive into the endzone barely break the plane and it's a TD. But a guy clearly has control of a football, not only gets 2 feet down, but also a hand and an ass, and that's not immediately a TD.

They need a backup QB though if Stafford is going to be tissue paper. That defense is pretty damn good though. I still say they beat the Packers 1 game this year.

you do realize that the backup QB is the one that made that throw at the end right??? I was watching on and off at work and it seemed like Stafford didn't play much of the 2nd half.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by STANMAN View Post
    And his ass, I mean if that isn't a catch, I don't know what is! A running back can "break the plain" and fumble a half second later and it's good, but a reciever makes a circus catch, maintains possesion, flips the ball when he's getting up to celebrate and it's NOT a TD? A bunch of shite. Same with the "can't touch the QB's helmet" rule. I mean blows to the head should be called, but a touch (there were 2 in this game, one on each team) to be called is BS. This is a big boys game, they are trying to water it down to touch football when it comes to the QB's.
    He didn't flip the ball. He made a one handed catch,and as he hit the ground, he still have the ball in just one hand, the ball w/ the hand hit the ground and the ball slipped out.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

stafford didn't play at all in the 2nd half i thought? horrible call. i would have gotten ejected for the tirade i would have gone had i been coaching that team. the process of a catch rule has never applied really in the end zone. if you cross the plane with possession of the ball it's a touchdown, end of story. same thing with receiving, you have poss. and land in bounds touchdown. period.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

I know he didn't flip it out, I was adding "flair"

And no Stafford "Captain Hurts Alot" was re-injured at the end of the 1st half, he had already taken his pads off before halftime.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyin_blue_egg View Post
    you do realize that the backup QB is the one that made that throw at the end right??? I was watching on and off at work and it seemed like Stafford didn't play much of the 2nd half.

No shit really?

1 good throw in a full half of a game means jack shit. His next 2 throws after that were god awful.Most he throws before that were awful. The last wasn't even bounds. Hard to win a game throwing the ball out of bounds.

If you're going to spend big bux on a #1 pick young QB, then give him a veteran QB to learn from, especially when the kid hasn't stayed healthy so far. Hill has been a shitty 3rd string backup QB for like 8 years. There's not a single thing he can teach Stafford.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.