Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    No shit really?

1 good throw in a full half of a game means jack shit. His next 2 throws after that were god awful.Most he throws before that were awful. The last wasn't even bounds. Hard to win a game throwing the ball out of bounds.

If you're going to spend big bux on a #1 pick young QB, then give him a veteran QB to learn from, especially when the kid hasn't stayed healthy so far. Hill has been a shitty 3rd string backup QB for like 8 years. There's not a single thing he can teach Stafford.
    ^This.

At least when they had Culpepper around Stafford had someone who had a few great years under his belt to learn from when he was injured.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    No. 1

THE GAME: Detroit at Chicago

THE SITUATION: Detroit trails Chicago 19-14 with 24 seconds left in the game

THE PLAY: The Lions' Calvin Johnson catches a pass from Shaun Hill for what he thought was the go-ahead touchdown.

MY TAKE: See the video above or read my explanation below.

Upon further review, the play stands.

With the Lions trailing the Bears 19-14, Johnson leaped up to grab what he thought was a touchdown pass that would have given the Lions a 20-19 lead with 24 seconds left.

But even after Johnson came down with both feet in bounds, as he hit the ground, the ball popped loose and the ruling on the field was an incomplete pass, which was the correct call.

The booth review by the replay assistant confirmed the ruling and the play stood as called on the field.

Here's why: Rule 8, Section 1, Article 4.

A play from start to finish is a process. When you go to the ground, even after you've caught the ball, you have to maintain possession.

The rule states: If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball after he touches the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
    MAKE THE CALL

Mike Pereira
    Our rules expert Mike Pereira breaks down all the big decisions HERE.

So the play stood as called and the Bears held on to win, 19-14.

The onus is on the receiver to hold onto the ball even after he hits the ground.

Unfortunately for Johnson and the Lions, they found that out the hard way.
    Seems like it was the correct call.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    No shit really?

1 good throw in a full half of a game means jack shit. His next 2 throws after that were god awful.Most he throws before that were awful. The last wasn't even bounds. Hard to win a game throwing the ball out of bounds.

If you're going to spend big bux on a #1 pick young QB, then give him a veteran QB to learn from, especially when the kid hasn't stayed healthy so far. Hill has been a shitty 3rd string backup QB for like 8 years. There's not a single thing he can teach Stafford.
    I didn't say Hill was good or even decent. I was just pointing out that he's the one that made the throw (and a pretty good one at that)
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.