Thread: Starting Issues

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion

Starting Issues

Well the Beast is starting pretty rough. It sounds like the starter is going. Although I took it to Advance Auto Parts and they say the battery, Alternator, and the starter test out good. But it is making a ear peircing Grinding noise when it is trying to start. Once she starts all is quiet again. I was thinking about doing this repair myself however I am having a hard time finding it. Anyone know were the starter is located on a 2007 GMC Sierra NNBS?

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    scott is it like its missing teeth on the flywheel or does it crank and make the sound? and i believe the starter is on the pass side by the back side of motor shouldnt be to bad if u wanna tackle it i got time tues and tools u can use here

Well the truck makes sound. I am not sure if the fly wheel is missing teeth or not. Judging by all the noise it makes when it starts I am guessing that they are all there. My truck wont start now. Makes a lot of grinding noise and starts to turn over but its so loud I just turn the ignition off. I am going to get the part tomorrow and my neighbor is going to assist me with the install. He is a mechanic.

Replaced the starter today. Everything works like a champ.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar