Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    It will be the same LSA thats in the CTS-V. It is only a couple hundred bucks away (for tune) from making 500 to the wheels w/o even so much as an intake!
    As far as capability in stock form goes though, you have to hand it to ford. The engine in the GT500 has much more to offer. Cast hard parts in a 50K+ Factory forced induction setup is pretty pathetic. Spend the extra bucks at production GM, your customers will pay it!

Another topic in a brand specific section, turns to Ford VS Chevy.

I like but still hasn't surpassed a ls1 ws6 car in my books...still the sexiest!
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by emptypockets View Post
    As far as capability in stock form goes though, you have to hand it to ford. The engine in the GT500 has much more to offer. Cast hard parts in a 50K+ Factory forced induction setup is pretty pathetic. Spend the extra bucks at production GM, your customers will pay it!
    If it comes with a 5/100k warranty... its plenty durable then in stock configuration. durability for more hp beyond that, why should they be concerned? its not a warranty issue at that point is it? seeing as modification would be needed. Yes Ford has a more devoted motorsports hi/po engine team than GM. Your avg asshole who buys a 50k car regardless of the brand is NOT buying it for the forged internals, nor would they give a rip... they buy it because they can.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    I like but still hasn't surpassed a ls1 ws6 car in my books...still the sexiest!
    what a 12.9 car like mine

if the z28 looked like this one i duno witch i'de choose.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Quote Originally Posted by British_Ben View Post
    That spoiler is horrible. Dont know if I like this all together... And I love my convertibles..
    2009 Harley Nightster.
    One day we will have muscle cars again....
    -Jimmy E.

If it comes with a 5/100k warranty... its plenty durable then in stock configuration. durability for more hp beyond that, why should they be concerned? its not a warranty issue at that point is it? seeing as modification would be needed. Yes Ford has a more devoted motorsports hi/po engine team than GM. Your avg asshole who buys a 50k car regardless of the brand is NOT buying it for the forged internals, nor would they give a rip... they buy it because they can.

wrong. plenty of people these days mod the piss out of their cars. just look at how many GT500 owners swap in a bigger blower and make upwards of 700rwhp on the stock longblock. no way you'll be able to do that with the lsa motor. i'm all for competition between the big 3 to keep pushing the limits of power with these cars. nothing 'assholish' about being able to buy a $50k car, and wanting to mod it
    current rides:

'13 nissan GTR
    '13 GT500
    '09 c6z-06
    '09 escalade
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by kirks5oh View Post
    wrong. plenty of people these days mod the piss out of their cars. just look at how many GT500 owners swap in a bigger blower and make upwards of 700rwhp on the stock longblock. no way you'll be able to do that with the lsa motor. i'm all for competition between the big 3 to keep pushing the limits of power with these cars. nothing 'assholish' about being able to buy a $50k car, and wanting to mod it
    Yeah judging by your list of rides you are in the minority that would be able to pull off pissing another 15k into a 50k car. Been there done that with a 2010 Camaro and stuck about 2gs into a 40k car and got to 500 whp and realized this is kinda gay... 500 rwhp isn't all that exciting in 4klb car. I'd personally have no qualms leaning on an LSA to 850 rwhp and it
    will live out it's useful life just fine. The Heaton would would be in the garbage first thing however.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Yeah judging by your list of rides you are in the minority that would be able to pull off pissing another 15k into a 50k car. Been there done that with a 2010 Camaro and stuck about 2gs into a 40k car and got to 500 whp and realized this is kinda gay... 500 rwhp isn't all that exciting in 4klb car. I'd personally have no qualms leaning on an LSA to 850 rwhp and it
    will live out it's useful life just fine. The Heaton would would be in the garbage first thing however.
    You got rid of the 5th gen already?
    Boy do i miss alot.
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

shots of them testing this against a GT500 now..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98470

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Looks like a nice car.

I personally like NA cars. A lot less heat, less weight.

These upcoming battery cars are the ones to watch - They make a lot of power.