5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar

Headers coated locally?

I'm thinking about picking up a set of 1 7/8 ARH LT's, but nobody sells them coated. Is there a place around that does high temp coatings? Roughly how much do you think it'll run? As it stands I'm already considering having them shipped to Jet Hot or Precision Motorsports down in FL.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

I have no experience with Motorsport Powercoating, I just grabbed their card at the Borchardt's car show.

Motorsport Powder Coating
    4152 Industrial Court
    Delavan, WI 53115-3086
    (262) 740-2030

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um...ed=0CBcQnwIwAA
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    1 7/8
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Had my side pipes done by quality coatings in Mukwonago. They were a quite a bit cheaper than Jet-Hot and no shipping fees.

http://www.qualitycoatingsinc.com/

I am going to have my bike pipes ceramic coated here. No actual experience as of now.

http://www.classiccoatings.com/

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    1 7/8
    H/C/I is in my future... and I'm losing faith in the Kooks stepped since nobody but Maryland Speed can confirm whether or not they make "extra" power. In fact, I PM'd Psycho1000r or whatever his name was about the kooks he had installed, and he said the stepped didn't give him any gains over his 1 3/4 except for on his credit card bill.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

Motorsport out in Delavan Did my headers and also did some powder coating for me.They did a nice job.I dropped my headers off at Rocket Racing and they sent them out to Motorsport.Quick turn around
    86 Cutlass 455 Powered
    06 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0liter
    07 Harley Davidson XL1200 Nightster

I had a set of headers done at Motorsport. They look good. Time will tell how they hold up. I had another set done at Classic? in Sheboygan through my engine builder. They seem to be holding up well and still looking good 1 1/2 years later.