Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HY35F2T sold me some broke ass junk

HY35F2T sold me some broke ass junk. I don't plan on him ever making it right or feeling better about it because I typed this but I wanted other potential buyers of junk parts to beware. I also wanted a thread I could link all of his future for sale ads to.
    Yes I was stupid enough not to look the stuff over well enough before I loaded it but it was raining and cold and I had dealt with him in the past and it had went well. That and he told me he had just had it apart earlier that day to drain it and it looked to be all good.

It's a foxbody 8.8 with a 3.73 gear and was supposed to have been a full rebuild with less then 20K on it. I gave him $200 for it, took it home and put in the corner, about a month later I pulled it out to clean it up and the clutch pack is smoked. These are our PMs from the deal, including the last one I sent him that he has yet to respond to.

Quote Originally Posted by DRK
    Quote Originally Posted by HY35F2T
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK
    did you run the rear yourself?
    was it just a gear swap 20k ago or bearing and races also?
    brand of gears?
    gears and bearings i just have no use for it and i live in apts so no place to store it and not lugging it to the basement my self lol.Yeah ran it myself everything works smouth.

I finally got to that rear today. I took the brakes off cleaned it up and cut off the quad shock brackets. I then brought it back inside and opened it up to swap out the axles to 5lugs. The trac loc has two broken clutches on the left side. The 4 tabs that broke off the two frictions where laying in the bottom of the case and it looks like at least one went through the spiders as they are pretty chewed up on the faces. It's no good to me like this and rebuilding the T-loc was not part of the deal.
    Jesse
    Pity the mate of Queen Mantis, so content, but so headless

Sorry you got taken on the deal

Not gonna lie... This is the fate of every traction-loc known to man.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Not gonna lie... This is the fate of every traction-loc known to man.
    i was thinking the same,one burnout could do that....
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Regardless he had it apart that day and still sent me off with it. I'm not whining, I just want everyone to know he's a low rent piece of shit that will screw you if he can.

Well, buyer beware.

It does suck that people dont stand behind shit anymore.

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    By chance he just didn't see it when he pulled the Cover?

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    If he knew it was thrashed and sold it as good that is messed up. But used parts are used parts...it's up to you to check used parts out when you buy IMO. On top of that you said you have had it for a month...that's quite a long time. If it was an honest mistake like Ricky Bobby suggested how long after a purchase is he responsible to refun your money? A month? Six months? Cuz if an item was sold in good condition whose to say it didn't get installed and the buyer wrecked the part? (Not saying this was the case here but if someone called me after a month saying they want money back from a Craigslist deal I would have to tell them to pound sand)

Hope this gets worked out. Curious to see what his response to this will be
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    If he knew it was thrashed and sold it as good that is messed up. But used parts are used parts...it's up to you to check used parts out when you buy IMO. On top of that you said you have had it for a month...that's quite a long time. If it was an honest mistake like Ricky Bobby suggested how long after a purchase is he responsible to refun your money? A month? Six months? Cuz if an item was sold in good condition whose to say it didn't get installed and the buyer wrecked the part? (Not saying this was the case here but if someone called me after a month saying they want money back from a Craigslist deal I would have to tell them to pound sand)

Damn J that's exactly what I was thinking

3:73 gear=$200
    set-up labor=$300
    set-up kit=$75
    versus
    rearend with 3:73=$200
    new clutches=$55 (last time I bought them)
    install clutches=you were doing axles anyway & easy to do.

You are ahead my friend-
    live and learn....
    "Never underestimate old guys"

Not true. You can find gears for much less than $200 and if you do your own labor you just saved another $300.

I guess its one man's word against another. Its too bad there cant be an agreement made.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    ...if you do your own labor you just saved another $300.
    Yeh, but I wouldn't trust the rear. Setting up gears ain't for rookies, and there's very little I'm afraid to tear into when it comes to cars.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    setting them up can be a bit time comsuming but not a pain really,DRK i prolly got some 355 gears in the shed in the box from my stang they might have 5k on them at the most 59 bux and you can gladly look them up and down before you take them i dont sell junk. ask anyone here who has bought stuff from me.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Quote Originally Posted by fivonut View Post
    Yeh, but I wouldn't trust the rear. Setting up gears ain't for rookies, and there's very little I'm afraid to tear into when it comes to cars.
    It all comes down to one's ability. If you have the tools, go for it!

damn that sucks...curious to his response as well...
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Shitty. I've had nothing but good dealings with DRK as a buyer and a seller. Jesse shoulda looked closer, but I can see how this damage could get overlooked. What's his face should do something to make this right.

Quote Originally Posted by badass88gt View Post
    Not true. You can find gears for much less than $200 and if you do your own labor you just saved another $300.
    No doubt, but if he is upset about clutches, I highly doubt he can set up gears.
    As far as gears cheaper than $200, yes there are.
    Two cut cheap gears suck, are usually noisy, but hey they are less than about $200.
    But what do I know, I've only built a couple rears
    I'll leave this to the "professionals"

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    setting them up can be a bit time comsuming but not a pain really,DRK i prolly got some 355 gears in the shed in the box from my stang they might have 5k on them at the most 59 bux and you can gladly look them up and down before you take them i dont sell junk. ask anyone here who has bought stuff from me.
    Be very careful, or you can be the next asshole on "The Price is Right"!!
    Ever set up a used set of gears, have the pattern dead on, and they are noisy BECAUSE they have a pattern worn into them? Even the slightest pattern, where they looked great? I have-it sucks.
    But again, I don't know much and I'll leave this to the professionals!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    So where's the accused?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post

This was for My Capri that runs just fine but wants more gear. The reason it sat for a month is because I was finishing up my fastback. The day I pulled it out I pm'd him with no response. This site sure isn't craigslist, we have done deals before, and I have never asked him for my money back. Shit, I would be happy if he just admitted he screwed me and apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    DRK i prolly got some 355 gears in the shed in the box from my stang they might have 5k on them at the most 59 bux and you can gladly look them up and down before you take them i dont sell junk. ask anyone here who has bought stuff from me.

Thanks but this was to replace the 3.55 that's under the car now.

Quote Originally Posted by DR.FORD View Post
    No doubt, but if he is upset about clutches, I highly doubt he can set up gears.

It's not the work, it's that it should have been all good to begin with. Also a good clutch pack is $100+, half of what I paid for what was supposed to be good parts that where "inspected" shortly before I showed up.

....and yes I fully understand this is my fault for buying the shit and No I do not expect him to use his section 8 money to pay me back. He's already called me out as a scammer in a deleted post in another thread as did his boyfriend rallyscort
    Last edited by DRK; 12-30-2010 at 10:57 AM.