mykrowsy

Need help on motor swap

I'm new to this whold game, haven't done any fabrication before, but I'm gonna try. I have an 89 Mustang LX with a 4 banger, and I wanna transplant a 351 Cleaveland from a 1970 Galaxie 500 and FMX tranny into it. Has anyone ever swapped a Cleaveland into a fox body? any tips or websites I might wanna check out? Thanks much, Mike

Brew City Muscle Original!!! Stangman98's Avatar
    It is a nightmare. I have seen people who have tried it. There is nothing as far as swap parts really. Most everything will have to be custom made.
    In Progress
    604BBF/TH400/Radials

You are better of with a 351 windsor.
    When Injustice Becomes Law; Rebellion Becomes Duty

Bad-TSi
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBullet
    You are better of with a 351 windsor.
    Yes, MUTCH better.

It'll be a bastard job, but I'm sure it can be done. Try to find a set of swap headers for the job. Someone is bound to make them.

I know you can also swap a 351c into a eary 64-66 mustang and they make headers for that job. they're a little crazy though, one collector ends up with 6 pipes and the other with 2 because that's the only way it'll fit. You may have to look into something like that, but I have no idea on a fox body. Do some searching on stangnet and corral to see. I has to have been done before. That or look into swapping a different suspension into the car for more clearance.

Brew City Muscle Original!!! Stangman98's Avatar
    Your best bet for headers is from Kooks. Chances are you will have to have a custom set made. Look at spending anywhere from $500-1000 for headers.
    In Progress
    604BBF/TH400/Radials