Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lebron who?

Why would he pull the money out of his pocket or take it from his endorsements when he can keep all that and get big donations? The media itself created this craze, not Lebron. He chose to take advantage of it which I see nothing wrong with. Also, trust me on this, not a single athlete cares about the "tax" situation when they are choosing a team. Those guys have no clue nor care for that stuff. Look at how many superstar athletes have gone broke because they have no clue how money works. Why do you think Lebron is any different? He came straight out of high school into the NBA, like it or not he has a Cleveland high school education. The tax thing was brought up by some nerds and then once again the media had something to think about, he could care less.

Pretty sure they know about the tax situation and their agents/attorneys/accountants let them know about it, when you are making 100+ million, it's a HUGE difference. Whether they blow what they take in foolishly is another story.

The media helps, sure...but like Favre LeBron also fuels this fire.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

as of now the heat are 3rd best in the east in my opinion...say what you will about the celtics age they play lights out defense and there championship starting five has NEVER lost a playoff series when they play every game...pretty impresive..and I HATE THE CELTICS but respect them as a winning team...you also have the magic and when you have the best C in the league and a supporting cast that can be great at times you have a legitimate shot at winning it all...

As fot how much he raised i heard it was like 2,5million for the boys and girls club...not to bad at all...he knew everyone wanted to know so he figured why not do this lil show raise a couple mil for a good cause and let people know my decision...
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"