Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lebron who?

Lebron who?

I watch a lot of NBA. I don't understand why there is SO much attention being given to Lebron James. What has he done? He has 0 rings. MVP doesn't matter if you don't win rings. Who cares where he goes. Just another substantially overpaid athlete who thinks the world revolves around him.

Just wait.. as soon as he makes his prime-time decision tonight, all of ESPN is going to switch to Favre-maina again.....

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I want Favre to announce his retirement 5 minutes before this special tonite, just to steal his thunder. Then tomorrow announce his return.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Ol' School
    I think this is being looked at all wrong.

Not once ever have you heard a story of him being a premadonna or something of the sorts where its all about him. Hes a shooter, passer, team player and always trying to get his team mates better and always engaging them unlike mike who is the best ever but would seperate himself if things werent going right and take over the game ball hogging it.

Lebron didnt start this hype...... the media did. NOW he has the chance to do something bigger for the boys and girls club by selling sponsorships to this show all he has to do is dog and pony it up for a bit and give his charity some big CASH MANG!

I always look for athletes to be real and appears he has been so I give him credit for how he handled it. People blasted him for how he played and acted in the finals but in the end he was just being real and venting his emotions on how much he wanted to win

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

Quote Originally Posted by MoCkiN U View Post
    I think this is being looked at all wrong.

Not once ever have you heard a story of him being a premadonna or something of the sorts where its all about him. Hes a shooter, passer, team player and always trying to get his team mates better and always engaging them unlike mike who is the best ever but would seperate himself if things werent going right and take over the game ball hogging it.

Lebron didnt start this hype...... the media did. NOW he has the chance to do something bigger for the boys and girls club by selling sponsorships to this show all he has to do is dog and pony it up for a bit and give his charity some big CASH MANG!

I always look for athletes to be real and appears he has been so I give him credit for how he handled it. People blasted him for how he played and acted in the finals but in the end he was just being real and venting his emotions on how much he wanted to win
    I'm no basketball fan what so ever but I agree with you. Yes the dude has an ego but you don't see him going on a rant about "PRACTICE!?!" or here stories of him trying to bang girls in the bathroom of a club. He donates a lot to charities and stuff so really dont mind him. Plus it's just fun to watch someone that big and be that athletic. I can't even imagine what he would do if he put on a set of cleats and played football. How would you cover a guy that's 6'8"?

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 05caddyext View Post
    I watch a lot of NBA. I don't understand why there is SO much attention being given to Lebron James. What has he done? He has 0 rings. MVP doesn't matter if you don't win rings. Who cares where he goes. Just another substantially overpaid athlete who thinks the world revolves around him.
    Well, there was a long time that Jordan "0 rings" too...but it would have been foolish to hold that against him when debating whether or not to sign him.

For the record, why do they pay him what they do? Not simply to "bring rings" but because he brings people who want to watch him play, IE, he sells tickets. Teams would make more money with him on their team than without...whether he's won a championship or not. The same was true for Jordan before he won his championship too....so maybe being an MVP, or simply a fun to watch player does matter to those signing his paycheck.

But this whole process is the height of idiocy and narcissism. It's a bad move on Lebron's part because it's only helping give fodder to those who'll speak ill of him, and will ultimately make him less popular, not more as a result. The more disliked he is, the less his endorsements are worth to people willing to pay him to say "I like pepsi!"; He has dumb handlers (no surprise, they are his "posse", not pro's).
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Ol' School
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    But this whole process is the height of idiocy and narcissism. It's a bad move on Lebron's part because it's only helping give fodder to those who'll speak ill of him, and will ultimately make him less popular, not more as a result. The more disliked he is, the less his endorsements are worth to people willing to pay him to say "I like pepsi!"; He has dumb handlers (no surprise, they are his "posse", not pro's).

well put

Wife Approved Toys
    03 Mach 1
    98 GSXR 750

I will say this, if he goes to Miami, and Wade stays there, it will be almost be the 2nd comming of the Chicago Bulls teams that dominated in the 90's
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    I will say this, if he goes to Miami, and Wade stays there, it will be almost be the 2nd comming of the Chicago Bulls teams that dominated in the 90's

And so it is.

Anything short of a ring next year would be a complete failure.

I think it's a shitty move for fans. With Wade and Lebron playing together neither will be the dominate force they have been. It will be too much sharing of the ball. Lebron will have to be more of a Magic type point guard I think.

I'm happy he didn't go to New York though. I love when people tell NY to fuck off.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Yeah.... it's going to be interesting.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sold that this will result in automatic championships for lebron.

I'm actually a little surprised he went to Miami though...from the looks of it, I thought he might stay in Cleavland. Reason? He'd have been worse off in his championship quest going to new york or chicago vs. that of cleavland. True, it might seem attractive to go to Miami, but he'd ultimately get more money staying in cleavland, plus, he's been pretty damn close to getting a championships already there.

While lebron can handle the ball, as well as wade (he has played pg in the league already), I think they'd be best trying to secure the services of a pass-first type point guard that can hit an outside shot when need to...can anyone say Luke Ridnour? He'd be the missing piece of the puzzle that would really set this team off.

Is Jermaine O'neal staying in Miami? If so, and they acquire someone like Luke, this WILL be the team to beat.

I read rumors that they are going after Allen Iverson to play point...that's risky.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I think rings are sometimes overrated when judging athletes individually, it's the ultimate goal for sure but you NEED help around you to win in any sport, even basketball with smaller rosters.

This move is nice in that they should spank the Lakers and any other team...but boring as they, should, again blow through the league even with minimum salary guys playing roles and as support.

Not a LeBron fan but don't hate him either. He comes off as less of a dick than Kobe even though he surely has a huge ego too. I feel bad for Cleveland, I was hoping he'd stay there to help a midwestern smaller market team do well plus keep close to his roots. One less team that will be better than the Bucks now that the Cavs will probably be crap at least.

I would of respected LeBron more and actually rooted for them had he stayed in Cleveland, winning there as the main guy would be more of a challenge and help his legacy. Now he will be #1a instead of #1, if that matters.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Hope they do well and hope they face the best player in the world in the finals and give the lakers another RING...( And KOBES 6th)!
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Why are all these other teams' execs and fans lighting him up? He doesn't owe Cleveland or any other team shit IMO.

I'm not really an NBA fan but for the owner of the Cavs to utterly disrespect him in a written statement is pretty 2nd grade if you ask me.

That was pretty unprofessional. Not LeBron's fault that the Cavs put garbage around him for 7 years.

I just fault him and ESPN for making this a huge ego circus. Even Favre didn't have a TV show to annouce his signing with the Vikings.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The show was to help raise money for a few charities. Also, he doesn't owe Cleavland anything, he gave them an awesome 7 years. Whats wrong with being egotistical? He's only got so many chances to be a champion, hes taking less money and less years of contract just for the chance. They were the best team in the NBA last year, in the regular season. Doesn't automatically make you the best team in the playoffs. If you guys still think things are rigged why didn't he ever get to win a championship? People say he is the face of the NBA why isn't he winning every year then? At least he realizes that it isn't all about the money hes going to make hundreds of millions of dollars regardless, why not get it in an area where he has a real chance to become a legend...

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
    Hope they do well and hope they face the best player in the world in the finals and give the lakers another RING...( And KOBES 6th)!
    Now that is what I like to hear.

Now in regards to Miami running all over the Lakers and anyone else, I don't see it happening. Remember you now have three superstars on a team that have always had some type of control of the ball. It is gonna be a big ego check and we will have to see if they can put theirs aside for the greater good

Quote Originally Posted by 05caddyext View Post
    The show was to help raise money for a few charities. Also, he doesn't owe Cleavland anything, he gave them an awesome 7 years. Whats wrong with being egotistical? He's only got so many chances to be a champion, hes taking less money and less years of contract just for the chance. They were the best team in the NBA last year, in the regular season. Doesn't automatically make you the best team in the playoffs. If you guys still think things are rigged why didn't he ever get to win a championship? People say he is the face of the NBA why isn't he winning every year then? At least he realizes that it isn't all about the money hes going to make hundreds of millions of dollars regardless, why not get it in an area where he has a real chance to become a legend...

Really you believe that? How much money do you think he raised that he couldn't have just pulled out of his pocket? For what he makes in endorsements, and his NBA contract he could give a million without blinking an eye.

And the less pay he took will be a wash because of the tax situation in FL compared to Ohio.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

The owner is pissed since the value in his team just dropped about 100 million and going forward will probably sell 25% less tickets, maybe less. What he said might be true but yea, for an owner or any higher up to spew that mess, makes him look like as much of a jag as some feel LeBron is for this spectacle.

The Celtics won with three big stars and lots of role players, Miami's big three has much more talent and is in their primes. Rondo developed with them, who's to say the younger guys they have can't develop too or play team ball knowing their role?
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares