Thread: carb ?

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar

carb ?

on my demo motor (74 chevy 350) ihave a rochester 2bbl, my question is the idle air mixture screws, timing is close, but with the screws 2 full turns out from bottomed out i cant floor it off idle it will just starve itself and die everytime only when warm. But if i turn the screw in to 3/4-1 full turn from bottom revs up real smooth and put it in gear and the motors spins my 4:56's with no problem. Before i would have to floor it, stop pump it, to get it to rev up then hold to floor. So my ? is this setting ok for the motor/carb a friend of mine said they should be like 2-3turns out and something is wrong but it runs awesome now. So do u think it will be ok i just dont want it to run lean and melt down even faster than what im gonna do to it on the 21st

The idle circuit you are adjusting is just band-aiding the real problem, which is in the acc. pump shot, power valve or main circuit. You know all you have to do is get in touch with me and I'll walk you through it!!
    "Never underestimate old guys"

yea thats what my buddy said im just band-aiding it derby is the 21st how the hell am i gonna get this thing fixed before then i dont know what im doin with it can i drop the carb off by u jim and pick it up or ?? when its running it looks like it dumping fuel when u stab it the shot is big and then out of the jets is like just a stream so, im not sure what the hell im doin on this thing lmk what works best for u jim ill spin the wrenches i just dont kow which way to spin them lol

pm sent dr ford

put purpose built carb on motor and runs like a top my 2bbl is fucked from what 2 of my friends in the derby world are tellin me with all diff settings and all will not work even after rebuild actually was worse after rebuild

Please note I did not rebuild the carb.
    Thanks
    "Never underestimate old guys"