Post whore

Diesel like torque!

Went to Steves(import minded). To do some tuning on my cust Bens 89 Supra. Had some tuning issues and only got two not so good full pulls. Best pull with a glitch or two durning the run and 9.6 afr fat rich it laid down to the wheels 324hp and 640 tq. That's insane tq numbers. Have some things to work out to lean it out. Should put down over 600 who and god knows tq numbers. Will post sheet when I get the chance.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    I'd love to see the dyno sheet. Sounds a little odd. What rpm did the tq really start to kick in at?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Post whore
    I know I think it was weird too. But the dyno is new,well maintained and checked everyday before any runs are done. All the numbers are corrected. I don't have a scanner but I can take a pic and download it that way. It started out at 328 tq @3400 and peaked out at 640 @ 5700. I asked Steve about it and said his dyno is pretty on point. Like I said it has issues to be worked out but it will be back soon and I'll have the finial numbers.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by spooln30 View Post
    I know I think it was weird too. But the dyno is new,well maintained and checked everyday before any runs are done. All the numbers are corrected. I don't have a scanner but I can take a pic and download it that way. It started out at 328 tq @3400 and peaked out at 640 @ 5700. I asked Steve about it and said his dyno is pretty on point. Like I said it has issues to be worked out but it will be back soon and I'll have the finial numbers.
    Umm... i hate to be the possible police but yea... that's just not possible. It is mathematically impossible to make 640 ft/lb of torque at 5700 rpm without making almost 700 HP at 5700 rpm.

With that said dynos read horsepower directly and back calculate torque based on rpm. So likely the horsepower number is correct however the torque is way off because the rpm pickup was not working correctly.

Post whore
    I understand how dynos work. I also know that there is something going on. But like I said when all the issuse are worked out it will be dynoed again. But for 324whp the tq is prob more like high 300 to low 400. Just from tons of experience with these motors. But in the end. It still will be a 600whp car. Depending on the weather that day. I've done to supras with the same set up the those numbers will be reached. I just thought it was funny enough to post.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Im not buying this one for a second...... Id like to see this dyno sheet....

torque spike or rpm signal interference skewing the torque #.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Like I said lets see the dyno sheet.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

remember its not always about the horsepower or torque.
    dial it in perfect as you can on a dyno without reading the horsepower and then go run at the track. then go back on the dyno see if the dyno numbers are correct vs et/mph.
    good luck!
    Personal Best - 10.4 @ 140mph(110oct)2010
    10.9 @ 130mph (92oct) 2010
    10.004@154mph 2012. & still need driving lessons
    BEEyond ENG>>
    Special thanks to Bee/Beeyond Engineering. Waldo, Henry, and the crew!

This is why we don't have FWDs FoxStang's Avatar
    This a 7m build?
    1979 Mustang- Needs trans
    2004 Explorer- Daily