Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ufc 116

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    I don't think Lesnar will gas out like you think he will in the 2nd. Not sure who to pick. Should be a good fight regardless.

On a side note, where is everyone watching the fight

Quote Originally Posted by 94greenbandit View Post
    On a side note, where is everyone watching the fight
    Not sure yet; if nobody hosts I will pay the piper and go to Champps or Hooters in Brookfield. Buffalo Wild Wings is literally one mile from me in Oak Creek but their food is okay at best and the TV arrangement is terrible. Romine’s on 27th and College also shows the fight but I was told the place is a zoo during any PPV event.....

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    Not sure yet; if nobody hosts I will pay the piper and go to Champps or Hooters in Brookfield. Buffalo Wild Wings is literally one mile from me in Oak Creek but their food is okay at best and the TV arrangement is terrible. Romine’s on 27th and College also shows the fight but I was told the place is a zoo during any PPV event.....
    Ill be at the BW's on Howell. It's a easy walk back home for me. Might want to get ther around 7 to get a decent seat if you have more than 5 people.
    03 Evo. 6262/2.0
    518hp/ 24psi/ 94%IDC

Weigh-in's on Spike right now!
    2011 Chevy Malibu

Yeah...so after watching the weigh-ins Lesnar is in fact a bit bigger than Carwin. I think Carwin has the bigger arm's but Lesnar's torso is just fricken semi truck.
    -Tyler

Fuckin tapped him out hahahahahhaha

bwahahaha

Nice shots by Carwin though, but obviously they really had very little impact as Lesnar was fully alert by the end of the round.

Lesnar DWARFED Carwin in size. Can't believe how huge he actually is until you put him next to another extremely large heavyweight.
    -Tyler

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    anyone that didnt think Lesnar would win needs their head examined

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

When lesnar first went down I was worried. Rosenthal did a great job of not stopping a title fight to fast. You could see carwin slowing down with each punch. Lesnar is one tough guy to weather that and you could see carwin was tired when he came out. I thought when lesnar took him down so easy that lesnar was going to be able to pound on carwin now but I dam never shit when he tapped him and he did it so right and patiently that I was suprised he was so smart about it.

Carin definetly hits like a truck but I guess it takes more than that to take out lesnar hahahaha

I was also very happy to see lesnar more respectful now! I think maybe he won some of the people back that turned on him after the mir fight!

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    lesnar is bad ass period.makes me laugh at how so many told everyone he would never do shit he was a washed up fake wrestler

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    bwahahaha

Nice shots by Carwin though, but obviously they really had very little impact as Lesnar was fully alert by the end of the round.

Lesnar DWARFED Carwin in size. Can't believe how huge he actually is until you put him next to another extremely large heavyweight.

Please.
    Lesnar isn't THAT much bigger to use words like 'dwarfed'.
    And I can gaurantee that those first few shots by Carwin were closer than you think to putting Lesner out.

As soon as Carwin landed on his back I knew he was fucked after how gased he was. There's now way Cain is beating Brock. This dude might hold the belt until he retires.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    Seems pretty easy to make that case AFTER the fght. Care to make your predictions BEFORE the fight next time?

Post whore
    Am so glad the ref didn't stop it. Brock was taking a pounding but hung in there. For a massive guy Carwin is a powerful and fast striker. Brock is a very tough fighter. Brock deserved to win. I think with his health issue it made him more humble. Good fights tonight.

cant lie i was worried in the first but i think the ref did a great job of not jumping in to stop it to soon...alot of times when i guy is throwing alot of punches at the head they stop it regardless if a HUGE percent are htiing the gloves or the arms of the fighter...

happy for the guy...he almost died and is still a tough SOB...he used the word humble which was nice to hear...

also nice that he earned 400k for a nights work!
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

I have no idea where I am 94greenbandit's Avatar
    Well I was definitely surprised that Brock used a submission to win a fight, kind of shows he is evolving his game which will be dangerous for years to come.

I thought Lesnar was in trouble when he was scrambling away and didn't want to get hit anymore. Carwin looked like he was going after a wounded deer .

Also nice change of pace to see Lesnar respectful to his opponent nad even complementing Shane. Definitely a changed man

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Cooper View Post
    So where was your pre-fight prediction? It's MMA, anything can happen. Easy to talk crap AFTER the fight.
    (note: I picked Lesnar, check first post)
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

For those that missed the fight (before youtube pulls it):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9R3-VWdic
    Daily Driver: 2009 Camry
    Weekend Car: 2006 Corvette

video gone but I just dl'd the entire ppv and will watch later tonight.

damnit i wanna see it i missed it.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82