Thread: efi live

efi live

well go figure the trucks tuned with efi live with a 5way switch. followed the wires and there hooked into a harness up front. so we reconnected the switch and it seems to change somethign not exactly shure what yet, but the idle changes and one of the tunes dumps alot more fuel. got a boost guage from twigbert now just waiting for my 12' boost line to show up at work tomarow i think i'll be needing a pillar pod soon tho
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Well its good that you figured out whats going on in there. The bad is that you have NO idea where the tunes came from and what there parameters are..... I guess if your happy with it and willing to risk someone elses handy work, just leave it alone. If not, get her flashed back to stock and do your own thing.

it has a lope idle tune and a smoke tune, the other few settings should be HP tunes, i would stay away from the highest tune
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    didn't you get this truck from a private seller? or if it was a dealer can't you ask for the previous owners contact info and and ask the guy what he had done to it and what not?

Quote Originally Posted by 0TransAm0 View Post
    didn't you get this truck from a private seller? or if it was a dealer can't you ask for the previous owners contact info and and ask the guy what he had done to it and what not?
    a lot of dealers won't give it away

best bet is check with someone like Huckstorf or Dan's Diesel to see if they can figure out what tunes were put in....or reprogram it so you know yourself then what tunes are installed so you don't smoke a piston or smoke that Allison
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!