thinking about buying a 1973 cutlass 442 need input

hy guys i found in my town a guy selling a 1973 cutlass 442. i dont know what the car is worth i called the guy and i asked him what he wants for the car and he said make me an offer. the car is pretty rust free but there is a little on the lower front fender the car need a paint job bad, he did put a cultch in it 2 years ago and also put new gaskets in the motor its a 350 rocket and yes a 4 speed. the interior needs work to. and i think there is a small amout of bond in the car but it does have some potential. let me know what you guys think i was thinking 3000
    z28 man

1979 camaro z28 4speed t-tops with well built 355 not dynoed yet goes pretty good

1994 camaro z28 auto lt1 350 with gm lt4 hot cam also not dynoed yet just got together

bump
    z28 man

1979 camaro z28 4speed t-tops with well built 355 not dynoed yet goes pretty good

1994 camaro z28 auto lt1 350 with gm lt4 hot cam also not dynoed yet just got together

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a tough one...I'd perhaps PM LEWETHETIGER73 for his input since he has one of these colonnade A-bodies and likely can give you a good idea of what you're looking at, general worth, and what potentially you could end up with.

I don't follow these style cars too closely, though I actually think they are pretty neat...on first glance, it sounds like you're overbidding by at least 500 though.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

thanks much i sent him a pm i also think its a neat looking car thats why i was thinking about seling my 4th gen for it
    z28 man

You should also check out this site

http://users.boardnation.com/~abodysite/index.php

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by z28 man View Post
    hy guys i found in my town a guy selling a 1973 cutlass 442. i dont know what the car is worth i called the guy and i asked him what he wants for the car and he said make me an offer. the car is pretty rust free but there is a little on the lower front fender the car need a paint job bad, he did put a cultch in it 2 years ago and also put new gaskets in the motor its a 350 rocket and yes a 4 speed. the interior needs work to. and i think there is a small amout of bond in the car but it does have some potential. let me know what you guys think i was thinking 3000
    73-74 442's don't usually bring a ton of dough.....That being said, it's really cool that it's a 4-speed....73 was the last year for that. Find out the casting on the block (it's on the flat spot near the front oil fill tube.....it MAY be a 455. It's a possibility because certain 455 engine options in '73 ONLY came with 4-speeds. If it is a big block don't tell him ;-)

Also, look on the lower foward corner of the heads. You should see a Letter or Number. a LETTER (A, B C....) means BIG BLOCK, a Number--small block.

Oh, and please don't put a chevy motor in it ;-)
    "Kiss me where it smells funny"

Quote Originally Posted by pjturkey View Post
    73-74 442's don't usually bring a ton of dough.....That being said, it's really cool that it's a 4-speed....73 was the last year for that. Find out the casting on the block (it's on the flat spot near the front oil fill tube.....it MAY be a 455. It's a possibility because certain 455 engine options in '73 ONLY came with 4-speeds. If it is a big block don't tell him ;-)

Also, look on the lower foward corner of the heads. You should see a Letter or Number. a LETTER (A, B C....) means BIG BLOCK, a Number--small block.

Oh, and please don't put a chevy motor in it ;-)
    Prolly a rocket 350!
    But make sure to see if the trunk is solid and the rear quarters over the wheels they like to rust there!!!!
    http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic372_2.gif

BCM Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAzzGTA89 View Post
    Prolly a rocket 350!
    But make sure to see if the trunk is solid and the rear quarters over the wheels they like to rust there!!!!
    I figured it was a smallblock, but the 4-speed combo made me wonder tho. Get some #5 or #7 Heads, some form of dual plane aluminum intake, alittle gear, and you should be able to beat up on some Foxbody Mustangs and Camaros :-)
    "Kiss me where it smells funny"

Ill give you 2500 for your 4th gen... then you can go buy that car...!
    1995 Z28 M6: 383, F1-A, All The Boltons, FMIC, , STOCK HEADS 633RWHP 100% BUILT & TUNED BY ME
    1987 BUICK T-TYPE WE4: Little Old V6, 498 RWHP
    1999 Trans Am M6: DD & Auto X, 175,000 miles, Headers and Tuned, 339 RWHP=SOLD
    1998 C5 Corvette: RIP
    2005 CTSV STOCK 338 RWHP