concrete cleaning?

Anyone have a good way to clean oil/grease spots from a concrete driveway? Fairly large spots that I want to clean up and am trying to avoid acidy type cleaners so as to avoid killing the grass along side it. Any suggestions?
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442

Scott Walker for President. SSmike1's Avatar
    good question, i need advice on that too!
    2000 SS camaro

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Powdered Tide and a stiff push broom. Not liquid Tide or any other detergent. It's got to be the original normal powdered Tide, not any of the fancy shit. I prefer the Mountain Spring scent for mixing with gear oil.

I don't know if it works for cleaning clothes as I don't use it for that. But it's cheap and works great for cleaning driveways.

If that doesn't do it, then use Lysol Basin, Tube, and Tile cleaner and a tire brush. Not Scrubbing Bubbles, it doesn't work as good.

And if that doesn't do it, it's time to get out the chlorinated brake cleaner.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

I've had luck just using a power washer, I think mine id either 1500, or 1800 psi
    2016 jeep cherokee trailhawk

2006 toyota matrix

2007 Harley Ultra classic

Pour gas on it right after it spills, for future reference.
    Online Drag Racing -------Reaction Time Tester!
    Red 1982 Trans Am MSE Hooker 1 5/8, 3 inches back, 3:73s ---- Red 1990 Formula with ZZ4 motor, Hooker 2055s, American Thunder catback ---- Black 1991 GTA with 3 inch Flowmaster Catback system ---- Black 2002 WS6 Bone Stock

Suck Squish Bang Blow

While I've never tried it myself, I hear CLR is supposed to work well for cleaning concrete.

muratic acid. rinse it well and the grass should be ok. thats what I have used in the past.
    03 Audi RS6 -v8 twin turbo-
    02 Crewcab Dually -dropped and smoking on semi wheels -
    02 VW Jetta -1.8t will nevar lose-

Quote Originally Posted by cheap80Z28 View Post
    I've had luck just using a power washer, I think mine id either 1500, or 1800 psi
    X2 on this
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep your change.

Pour gas then cover with oil dry or kitty litter. The gas will bring the oil to the surface and then is absorbed by the OD or KL. Cleaning with Muratic acid does work very good but will etch the concrete and be dusty for a few days.

Any grease/blood/wine/grass stain remover meant for clothes works great.

I used Zout, and I thought it bleached the concrete at first, but it was just that much cleaner.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

What about rust stains on concrete? Same treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by animal View Post
    What about rust stains on concrete? Same treatment?
    I'd use CLR.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

We have some aerosol called High-Tech at work that works well. Kinda stuff that takes paint off of metal and melts plastic though. I can get you a few cans you can try if you like. Our office is in Menomonee Falls (W134 N5373 Campbell Drive). Just call my office phone 262-252-5690 and let me know if you are going to stop.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    If you use Muriatic acid on concrete, use it VERY diluted. When I did flatwork, we used it as a way to wash off extra relief concrete on stamped concrete. If it's strong enough it will definitely do damage to the surface of the concrete. The cream part of concrete is very thin, and when damaged it will expose the aggregate underneath which isn't very attractive at all. Personally, I would not ever put Muriatic Acid on my white concrete.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Jungle jake mix 50/50 with hot water. Scrub in with a broom. Let sit for about a hour then powerwash or garden hose.
    If a hammer,crescent wrench,duct tape, or JB Weld can't fix it........Its gotta be a electrical problem

Couple applications of the tide and a broom, then the hose seemed to do a pretty good job!
    2012 Street Glide
    1971 Vista Cruiser 455
    2003 Duramax Dually Silverado 4x4
    1986 442