Well, the trip down to GLD was just what the doctor ordered...it gave me the quick kick in the butt to just get started on the Little Red truck....

Started tearing down to get it down and ready for the the upgrades:

It looks so small!

Here's the parts going back in:

Ported Edlebrock AL magnum heads, upgraded to 2.08 valves, heads milled, combustion chamber polished/cc'd at 57cc's:

What's funny is that for all the work that was put into this, they only flow about what stock SRT 6.1 Hemi heads flow, lol.

Chevy steel roller rockers, lol, 1.65:1 ratio :

the cam will be going from stock to a custom ground HYD roller spec'ing 0.565"/0.565", 218/228 degrees duration @ .050, 106 LSA...so a nice healthy step up...but not too crazy either.

The truck has a 2500rpm stall torque converter...though I may upgrade to a 9"/3500rpm stall TC in the near future depending on how this works out.

The idea is to improve upon the stock 15.13 @ 90mph it ran just this past wenesday at GLD...I offer no predictions on what it'll run :lol:

So it starts going back together tomorrow...the big question will be whether or not there is adequate valve clearance. I'm actually surprised how close to zero deck the pistons are in this thing...so to me it's clear the engine has been rebuilt before which makes sense since it's not the original 360; another clue? The double roller timing chain, lol.