Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L.A. OR Boston

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.

L.A. OR Boston

i'd like to see L.A, win it all! Boston has won more titles than L.A; i kinda like Kobe!
    02' Pontiac Trans Am WS6 ( Sunday Driver)
    89' Pontiac Firebird Formula 350 (It's Been 10 Years)
    87' Chevy Monte Carlo SS (Stocker)
    99' Chevy Camaro SS (Project Car)
    99' Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 Diesel (Toy Hauler)
    04' Pace Pursuit 28' Enclosed Trailer (Toy Box)

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    I dont like Kobe or lakers so I hope they loose, but should be a good series

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

i despise kobe. go boston!!!
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Beat L. A.!!!!!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Grew up watching the celtics during the bird/mcHale/Parrish era...still have a sentimental attachment. Go boston!
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

WOW! NOBODY WANTS L.A.???

HUGE KOBE FAN RIGHT HERE!!!! (2nd best PLAYER EVER)

Love The Lakers!!!!

Hate Celtics...Rasheed wallace and big baby amd nate robinson annoy the fuck out of me...especially rasheed...fuck i hate him...
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post

Love The Lakers!!!!

Hate Celtics...Rasheed wallace and big baby amd nate robinson annoy the fuck out of me...especially rasheed...fuck i hate him...
    I'm with you their! ALL THUGS. the Lakers are just playing with boston... Lakers win it in 6 games!
    by the way, i LOVE the pic of your dog!

Love The Lakers!!!!

you despise rasheed for being a baby but you think kobe is the 2nd best player ever? wow thats interesting. kobe's cries more then anyone. ball hogging s.o.b.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Kobe is a little bitch, great player no doubt...but due to that fact (and Phil Jackson is kind of a bitch) I'm easily rooting for the Celtics. Not that I will bother watching until if/when L.A. is on the brink of losing it or there is a game 7 either way. Not a Boston fan by any means either, but they are more tolerable I guess, to me.

I think The Onion sums it up pretty well: http://www.theonion.com/articles/nat...s-or-la,17559/
    Last edited by PB86MCSS; 06-13-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

funny read...rasheed is a bench player...he shouldnt come in and get a technical...if i was a fan of boston id instantly hate a player like that....

ALL nba players act like they never commit a foul....boston players are just thugs and Talk SO MUCH SHIT and beat there chests and scream every chance they get...

and yes Kobe is the 2nd best player in nba history...behind MJ

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kobe is in no way, shape, nor form, the 2nd best player ever. I'd be hard pressed to put him in the top 10 even...hell, he wouldn't have even been the second best player of either the lakers or celtics in the 80's, lol.

There is a difference b/w second best, and ones second favorite.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

name all others you would put above him...

funny read...rasheed is a bench player...he shouldnt come in and get a technical...if i was a fan of boston id instantly hate a player like that....

ALL nba players act like they never commit a foul....boston players are just thugs and Talk SO MUCH SHIT and beat there chests and scream every chance they get...

and yes Kobe is the 2nd best player in nba history...behind MJ

I'm with you on this!

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    As much as I hate Kobe, the guy is effing good. Easily top 10 all time and probably top 5.

I wish basketball would go back to being a mans game. I stoped watching it after a hard foul meant you'd be instanly t'd up....or players isntantly cry to the ref. for a little slap on the hand or every little bump and push in the lane. NBA reminds me of Godsmacks new song

Blog Entries
    name all others you would put above him...
    Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, Pete Maravich, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Magic Johnson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Julius Erving, John Stockton, Michael Jordan.

edit: throw in charles barkley too.

And those are the ones I don't have to put any thought into....so yeah, he doesn't make my top ten.

Heck, even of those playing today or recently, I can come up with a few that merit consideration of being placed higher on the "greatest ever" list above Kobe: Iverson, Duncan, James. Not saying they are for certain, but it's at least debatable.

This isn't to take anything away from Kobe...this isn't to say he's a chump. He IS a great player, there can be no question. But not the second greatest of all time.
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 06-13-2010 at 11:26 PM.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post
    I wish basketball would go back to being a mans game. I stoped watching it after a hard foul meant you'd be instanly t'd up....or players isntantly cry to the ref. for a little slap on the hand or every little bump and push in the lane. NBA reminds me of Godsmacks new song
    I lost the love when it became two on two isolation basketball, with 6 guys standing on the opposite side of the court waiting to crash for rebounds. Today's game is ponderous and tedious.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post

edit: throw in charles barkley too.

Lets be real here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lash View Post

Lets be real here.
    Barkley was phenomenal in his heyday. Hate to say it, he was actually underrated imo...you look at the impact he had on the teams he played, and also what he did with what he had. In my mind, he's undoubtedly the best of the small "power" forwards to ever play...which is saying a lot, considering that many consider elgin baylor to be the best of the small "power" forwards.

Just as Barkley couldn't do what Kobe does on the court, Kobe couldn't do what barkley did...and I consider barkley's feats more impressive honestly.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

after seeing that list i guess we'll agree to disagree....

john stockton? great but not kobe great...

Lebron James? UMMM NOOOOOOO....great talent could be the best..not even close yet..