Quote Originally Posted by hrsp View Post
after seeing that list i guess we'll agree to disagree....

john stockton? great but not kobe great...
Oh no doubt...

But "Kobe great"? What do you have to be to achieve that? A ball hog with a coach that feeds you plays left and right and posses poor shot selection? Yeah, then Stockton wasn't "Kobe great"

But stockton was arguably the best point to ever play, whereas Kobe might be in the top 5 shooting guards. Given that I regard the skills of PG's higher than SG's (Jordan being a notable exception), yeah, I'd give the edge to stockton over bryant. Bryant does his job (score and defend) great, but Stockton did his (protect the ball, run the offense, control the tempo, create scoring opportunities for teamates then himself, defend) even better.

With more consideration to my list add:

Bill Russell and Elgin Baylor as being better than Kobe.

With that, I'd have to say Kobe would certainly make my top 20 list, and likely be in my top 15...as I'd be hard pressed to come up with too many more that I'd consider better.

A case could be made for Shaquille and David Robinson, being right around where Kobe would be...though I'm not sure either supplant him on my list. I might be able to convince myself that Clyde Drexler deserves a spot above him. Oh, and Dominique Wilkins would be around there as well!

Yeesh...this is hard!