Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Right, it's a little closer when watching it in real time, but even so, what harm would it have done for the ump to have just punched him out and be done with it?
    Would the Indians have argued the call? highly doubt it.

Highly unlikely the Indians were going to score 3 runs with 1 out to go anyway, just call the guy out.
    Rob a guy of a hit.... or rob a guy of a perfect game.... hmm, tough call.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

jim leyland looked like he was gonna bite joyce's head off after the game. lol
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

He had the opprotunity to call a huddle together with the rest of his crew and see what they saw.

I really don't see why he didn't do that seeing as he knew the magnitude of the call he made and what impact it would have. You know he knew there was doubt with that call too how he flinched and hesitated before he made the safe call. He should have excersized his right to call a huddle and get the rest of the crews opnions. Espically after seeing it on the big screen while they would have been having their discussion.

Shit happens, this time it hapened to him. I give him props for coming out and apologizing quickly after the game was over.

As stated above the call will not be over turned, then they will want to go back and look at all the other bullshit calls that have happened over the years.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I read GM gave the guy a free Corvette for getting screwed. Nice. I like when wealthy people get free shit.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Would you be pissed if you were the pitcher? I wouldn't. He probably made $500k that game

BTW I do not support instant replay in baseball. Keep it natural.
    03 Terminator Vert
    06 TL

How is instant replay in baseball any different than football??
    TaninAutoElectronix
    90 Mitsubishi Mirage 9.9@146, 800awhp
    04 Gallardo
    04 Lexus LS430
    71, 96, 94 Land Cruisers

Quote Originally Posted by LIL EVO View Post
    How is instant replay in baseball any different than football??
    It's only available for questionable home runs, whether they hit the top of the fence and went out/back in, or did not.
    Also for fan interference calls regarding home runs.
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    I read GM gave the guy a free Corvette for getting screwed. Nice. I like when wealthy people get free shit.
    Right you are on that...GM and the Tigers got together and gave the kid a Vette. Then instead of the manager taking the lineup card to the home plate ump (who just happened to be Jim Joyce) they had Gallaraga do it.

here's the story.... http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb,245508
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.