Thread: TH400 question.

TH400 question.

Does the GM 6.2L diesel share the same bellhousing bolt pattern as a SBC? If they do, can I put a TH400 that was originally behind a 6.2 behind my 350?

yes to the first and no to the second...at least not without a rebuild. the shift points/valving modulation are different in the diesel.
    -Patrick

I r teh have da kewl now cuz of that ^^^^^^

"It's not a racecar if it drives to the track and goes home on a flatbed apparently"

agreed. i also think they dont use engine braking for the older diesel transmissions either.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Yeah, you can. Just get a shift kit for a gasser so you get new springs and weights for the governor. Other than that, same shit. Got to remember the 6.2L revs pretty high and was treated like a gasser.

Or just go buy a new governor from the auto parts store for like $25. Pick one out of a late 80s 1 ton with a smallblock if you want a stocker.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.