Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I fucking HATE gm shit clutches/hydraulics!!

not even 5k miles and ANOTHER slave or t/o bearing is dead....my pedal was really soft and not getting into gear and I thought it was the master in need of a rebuild. So I bust some knuckles and get the pos out to find that it wasnt bad at all and certainly not the cause of the issues I have been having so the only thing left was the bearing. I take the old out to look it over and then I remember why the last one had to be changed...cracked spring and busted plastic clip. fucking pos. I didnt even beat on this clutch setup this time around...new master, new clutch, pp, flywheel and slave cylinder/to bearing and still something goes wrong.

GM hydraulics are even worse in a Ford vehicle. Stalled autos ftw!
    McCormick's Speed Shop built

1991 Mustang LX *parting out*
    2000 Civic

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    I've never had a problem with GM OEM clutch parts but I've had plenty of problems with Autozone cheapies.

Every time I have a clutch out it gets a new throwout bearing...? I tend to buy Perfection stuff.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Oh I hear ya on this one. I haven't had any failures but god damnit. Fresh fluid in my clutch and I still get the occasional sticking pedal under WOT. I'd love to hang the guy that designed this setup with one of his clutch lines.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    I am still on my original master and slave. 73k and still going.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    I am still on my original master and slave. 73k and still going.
    love the consistency! I have lost track of how many slaves and masters this car has been through with only 80k miles and every time a new slave was put in it was always a GM part.

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    love the consistency! I have lost track of how many slaves and masters this car has been through with only 80k miles and every time a new slave was put in it was always a GM part.
    yoo have you tried the mcloud master? when i had my fbodys i ran that with the stock slave on a pretty hard clutch with no issues. may be worth the extra hundred bux or so to pick that up?

I have had 3 versions of their pieces of shit and the latest supposedly greatest version sucks donkey asshole! they cant get a bore polished right to save their lives which is why so many have seal failures and for the last several months they stopped making them. I have been on a list to get my new warranty replacement mc replaced again but they havent found a suitable manufacturer for the units(from what I was told by Billy) so they keep sending me rebuild kits every other month or so. Both Coop and Jeff at LMT have tried to hone out the cylinder but it was so badly scored and out of spec top begin with there isnt much that can be done and when I told them about it, they already knew!

i'm on muy original slave master as well. (73k) completly stock just has a ls2/ls7 clutch in it now tom put it in for me
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    I have had 3 versions of their pieces of shit and the latest supposedly greatest version sucks donkey asshole! they cant get a bore polished right to save their lives which is why so many have seal failures and for the last several months they stopped making them. I have been on a list to get my new warranty replacement mc replaced again but they havent found a suitable manufacturer for the units(from what I was told by Billy) so they keep sending me rebuild kits every other month or so. Both Coop and Jeff at LMT have tried to hone out the cylinder but it was so badly scored and out of spec top begin with there isnt much that can be done and when I told them about it, they already knew!
    well it may be time for a th400 then

Scott Walker for President. SSmike1's Avatar
    Yoosof,
    time to get a TICK installation?
    Also, that Monster Clutch Stage 1 or 2,
    with all the trimmings, Tick MC, Hydraulic line, SLave Cylinder,
    and Clutch PP and Flywheel.

I think your Pressure Plates you are buying, must be too strong for the Hydraulics?

???
    2000 SS camaro

BCM Rseident Grill Master Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay's Avatar
    lack of operating skill???????

or not?

greatest version sucks donkey asshole!
    I LOLed.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by SSmike1 View Post
    Yoosof,
    time to get a TICK installation?
    Also, that Monster Clutch Stage 1 or 2,
    with all the trimmings, Tick MC, Hydraulic line, SLave Cylinder,
    and Clutch PP and Flywheel.

I think your Pressure Plates you are buying, must be too strong for the Hydraulics?

???
    LOL yeah thats over grand worth of parts. Very nice stuff though. I have the monster stage 3 now.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Joe your stock hydrolics seem to work slicker that seal shit in a ice flowage.

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I'm just lucky. Wonder when it is going to run out.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    Run out? psshh on the T/AOTC not likely

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

If it's tearing up slave cylinders/throw out bearings somethings got to be up.
    I have had a few cars over the years that where a pain & gave me fits.

More than one had a bellhousing issue. The bell was distorted & didn't line the trans up properly. Those usually blow slaves out or break the mounting plate on them.
    Others had shim issues that caused all sorts of problems.
    Kinda weird it's breaking the spring....

The design cant be blamed on GM though, it's a purchased patent from Tremec.
    Ford was using it long ago before the LS1 cars.

Grandpa Grocery Getter 2.0 wrath's Avatar
    Are they actually GM parts, right from a GM dealership? Or is it a reman junker from Advance or a McLeod LOLcopter polished turd?

The biggest problem I've had is with the firewall bending (figured this out when it cracked from fatigue) causing a side load on the master, causing it to prematurely fail. But it was caused by a ridiculous clutch.
    Buy made in the United States. Otherwise your job might be next. Unless you already wear black shoes and a visor with golden arches on it to work in which case your fellow american has already failed you.

Mike I am running a Spec stg 2 now with EVERYTHING was replaced with this new clutch and it still shit out. I talked to Billy at Mcleod and they sent me another rebuild kit and I am in line for their newest redesign master which from what I was told is a copy of the tick. So hopefully it works and save me the $350+ on a tick master. wrath nothing was from autozone, all new parts were either from GM, Spec or Mcleod.