Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Brad

Thanks Brad

Thank you for being out in the shop on a sunday to Dyno murrays car and mine.
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

Not going to share any numbers? ):
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

in the build post
    1620 mine
    565 murrays

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car

That's crazy.

Nice job!
    --Michelle--

Quote Originally Posted by Myles View Post
    Who let you out of the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by -stew- View Post
    Fucking burn!!!! He's gonna have to change his name to Waver... cuz he just got neutered.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    The LSX crossbreed runs again?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Geez...Murray should be ashamed. Very Ashamed
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    The LSX crossbreed runs again?
    its not a LSX my fireing order is 18436572

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    Geez...Murray should be ashamed. Very Ashamed
    Yea at least I made a 3rd of what he did!

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Hey, thanks to public education and the overall decline of math performance, most would think my 8th is far more impressive, lol.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Still very impressive. I'd love to have that kind of power under the pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    Buy a NISSAN than.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    I seen that car at GLD bout 3weeks ago... MAN THAT BUICK IS NICE
    02' Pontiac Trans Am WS6 ( Sunday Driver)
    89' Pontiac Firebird Formula 350 (It's Been 10 Years)
    87' Chevy Monte Carlo SS (Stocker)
    99' Chevy Camaro SS (Project Car)
    99' Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 Diesel (Toy Hauler)
    04' Pace Pursuit 28' Enclosed Trailer (Toy Box)

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WARHAWK View Post
    what car at GLD

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    Thanks! Yea to be honest even at the power level it's at now its a handful. I'm not even a decent enough driver to trust myself with the higher boost level on a road course as is. I can't even imagine what the GN feels like on the street. I asked that question yesterday and I think Jim's response was something like "it feels like a telephone pole"

Quote Originally Posted by 2002 WARHAWK View Post
    You mean you saw my 240 right? The GN hasn't been out on the streets just yet.

Got my dyno graph scanned in, here are the overlays. The lower pass was 501whp/375wtq and was made at 17psi. The upper pass was 564whp/441wtq. It was a 24psi spike, however because the dyno load was a little lower than on the street the boost dropped to around 22 by the end of the pass. You can see it in the torque curve a bit. I didn't have my laptop there to make any adjustments but it probably would have made a little more power on the top (likely another 10-20whp and maybe a *touch* more torque). The car is on e85:

I think Jim left the dyno printouts at WBD yesterday so unfortunately I couldn't scan those in.

And yes I gotta extend a thanks to Brad for everything yesterday. He went above and beyond in terms of helping us get on the dyno as needed, borrowing tools, getting stuff strapped up and down, playing with the dyno as needed. Needless to say I was very impressed and wouldn't hesitate at all to use him next time I need some dyno time. Also had some very nice cars in the shop everytime I was there
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 05-24-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Post whore
    Nice peak numbers murray!!! Kind of shocks me to see my car have alot more torque then yours though being the displacement advantage... and Im also kind of suprised on how late the boost comes in(start making power), what rpm did you start the runs??
    Just a ten second neon

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1siksrt View Post
    Nice peak numbers murray!!! Kind of shocks me to see my car have alot more torque then yours though being the displacement advantage... and Im also kind of suprised on how late the boost comes in(start making power), what rpm did you start the runs??
    Its a dyno so the load isn't exactly correct. I believe brad had it in constant sweep as opposed to road force. In reality it makes full boost on the street in 4th at about 4500 rpm. On the dyno the sweep was from 3500 to 8k. Although it does go against conventional logic I do wonder a bit if my hotside is choking the engine a little bit and if I would actually pick up a little bit of full spool if I switched to a slightly larger hotside. I may give it a shot, but for now I am pretty happy with it.

Yea you likely do have more torque than I but it depends a lot on where the engine is at peak efficiency, and what not. So while I may have a *slightly* larger engine (that is stock mind you), my peak comes on later than yours. That will tend to shift the absolute torque number in your favor and the absolute horsepower number in my favor.

Post whore
    Its a dyno so the load isn't exactly correct. I believe brad had it in constant sweep as opposed to road force. In reality it makes full boost on the street in 4th at about 4500 rpm. On the dyno the sweep was from 3500 to 8k. Although it does go against conventional logic I do wonder a bit if my hotside is choking the engine a little bit and if I would actually pick up a little bit of full spool if I switched to a slightly larger hotside. I may give it a shot, but for now I am pretty happy with it.

Yea you likely do have more torque than I but it depends a lot on where the engine is at peak efficiency, and what not. So while I may have a *slightly* larger engine (that is stock mind you), my peak comes on later than yours. That will tend to shift the absolute torque number in your favor and the absolute horsepower number in my favor.
    I was just curious no worries... I only made 6 less whp than you though We should line them up again at july rsd's for a rematch
    Just a ten second neon

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1siksrt View Post
    I was just curious no worries... I only made 6 less whp than you though
    Oh yea I figured you made similar whp numbers. Also remember though the boost dropped off so the upper run torque curve should have a similar shape to the lower once the boost control was trimmed in. In that case the wtq/whp difference would be larger (i.e. whp will come up another 10-20).

But ultimately you just have a different engine/turbo configuration. The RB in general is a pretty rev-happy setup... especially when fitted with the 6262. Just the way it is. What is more interesting is that you actually have a powerband well suited for a road race car... go figure.

Not sure if I will go to July RSD. It would be a bit to close to a Gingerman event I have to make it to in Michigan. Although I don't think it would be a problem I'd hate to break something last minute and not be able to make it.. Its my favorite event of the year. If you want to go a different RSD let me know though, those are always a good time.

P.S. When are the nats? You better keep me posted on how that thing does. It should go pretty good
    Last edited by WhatsADSM; 05-28-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Post whore
    Oh yea I figured you made similar whp numbers. Also remember though the boost dropped off so the upper run torque curve should have a similar shape to the lower once the boost control was trimmed in. In that case the wtq/whp difference would be larger (i.e. whp will come up another 10-20).

But ultimately you just have a different engine/turbo configuration. The RB in general is a pretty rev-happy setup... especially when fitted with the 6262. Just the way it is. What is more interesting is that you actually have a powerband well suited for a road race car... go figure.

Not sure if I will go to July RSD. It would be a bit to close to a Gingerman event I have to make it to in Michigan. Although I don't think it would be a problem I'd hate to break something last minute and not be able to make it.. Its my favorite event of the year. If you want to go a different RSD let me know though, those are always a good time.

P.S. When are the nats? You better keep me posted on how that thing does. It should go pretty good
    Ya dont forget how high my torque number was But ya june 19th(sat.) is srt nats and only going to july rsd's then i vary well might shut down til next year for a big big turbo setup
    Just a ten second neon