Ford GT500 loses some HP this year?

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...s-under-50000/

Ford's GT500 packs a supercharged 5.4-liter V8 engine with 305 horsepower and 208 pound feet of torque. The SS also has a V8, but this one's even bigger: a 6.2-liter, 426-horsepower engine. Both cars have standard 6-speed manual transmissions.

Pretty sure those are the stats on the 2011 V6 engine actually per the ads on TV. I'm thinking that's a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    Pretty sure those are the stats on the 2011 V6 engine actually per the ads on TV. I'm thinking that's a typo.
    Yeah, but the torque has to be off for the v6. The media is funny! Maybe Obama is trying to sell Camero's!

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    208? lol. What is it a high revving 4 cylinder these days?

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    That article is just all kinds of bad.

Tons and tons of cars are missing. Many of which are less money than those posted.

I think both the v6 maro, and v6 mustang can do sub 6 second 0-60 times. Essentially everything in the sport compact class is missing: Evo, WRX (all forms), MS3, MS6, CSRT-4, Cobalt SS, HHR SS?. And that's just off the top of my head.

Then I think even some of the more sporty sedans may even be able to go under 6 seconds these days. Ford SHO, Maxima maybe?. Had Pontiac still been around the G8 would do it.