Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macha

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar

Macha

How much longer before he gets the boot?

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Hopefully soon. Today was one of the worst managed games yet under his leadership. Put Suppan in as a reliever when you are already down by a significant margin? Seriously? I was at the game today and the entire stadium boo'd him. Prince's comments after yesterday's game were spot on. The pitching is horrendous right now. The hitting generates 6-7 runs a game yet we allow 9+ runs. It's a joke.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

I think the only time Suppan should be in is there is a big lead either way, I wouldn't want to see him in a close game.

The Brewers fancy themselves as contenders so the pressure is on Macha, I personally think they should shake it up a bit and let Parra and Cappy (soon) get into the rotation and see what they can do. At least there is potential there, let them work it out and build for the future while trading/dumping the veterans that cost money (Davis, Suppan to start). I rather see that then a mediocre team struggle for .500 for the next couple years before the bottom drops out. If everything breaks right, they are a contender....really don't see it happening this year as we are about 1/4 through.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

If they wanted to be a serious contender this was the year. We effed that up by not buying any pitching which basically made a carbon copy of last year's team prior to the start of the season. We'll lose Prince next year, Cory Hart is way overpaid and is sucking up too much money...we do need to cut the veterans and dead weight and buy some pitching tho next season will be a tad late I think.

Don't even get me started on players that should be given the boot and shit like that...

Sure we can put a shit load of runs on the board against teams shittier than us, but we can't do shit when we play teams that actually matter... Macha won't be around very long.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

The man in the box Jukebox Hero Champion My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion Smaugs Treasure Champion Lash's Avatar
    It's funny that Macha is probably on his way out and Yost (even though he sucks too) just took over in KC...lol.

Cuttin' trees like Paul Bunyan wheelsofsteel's Avatar
    My Prediction..... Macha is fired on 5/24/10.

^^Yup....

Right after the Twins put the broom to them.....

hmmm interesting thought. I hope it comes true! he has been given a shot. He is a lackluster, terrible manager. Time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelsofsteel View Post
    My Prediction..... Macha is fired on 5/24/10.
    It only makes sense to do it on their first off day.

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Another thing is why do you keep having weeks lead off when all the guy does is strike out. 46 strike outs already in the season and he has Jody batting in the 8 spot behind Zaun.

I'm not sure who would lead off, I prefer Weeks there over anyone else, unless Escobar starts playing up to his potential, or Gomez learns how to work a count and just get on base.

Most managers aren't difference makers, the team plays to their talent level...a terrible manager can cost a few games, a good one can win a few.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by PB86MCSS View Post
    I'm not sure who would lead off, I prefer Weeks there over anyone else, unless Escobar starts playing up to his potential, or Gomez learns how to work a count and just get on base.

Most managers aren't difference makers, the team plays to their talent level...a terrible manager can cost a few games, a good one can win a few.

i'm with you on that one...yea a manager is the one that needs to see that a guy isn't performing and remove him from the lineup (regardless of how much $$ he makes). but to me no matter what it all comes down to how the players play. really i think that if a team underperforms it should be the GM that goes as he's the one that puts the team together.
    Chicago is what you would get if Milwaukee had sex with it's sister. Said by a co-worker of mine arguing w/ somebody on how Milwaukee is better then Chicago.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    I believe teams are reflections of their managers. Macha's blank stare while doing nothing all game makes me miss Ned Yost's blank stare.

Perfect example was on Saturday. Early in the game, man on 1st, batter hit either a bunt or a real soft grounder. Zaun picks it up and fires 4 feet over the head of whomever was at 2nd base instead of going to first for the easy out. Look into the clubhouse, there's Macha in the background staring blankly. Randolph in front of him is mouthing "What the fuck are you doing?" and showing some fire like he actually wants to win the game.

Macha's relliance on the old farts is what's really getting me going though.

I'm not pleased with what Melvin added to the team this year, but it's not like he had a lot of choices. There was not alot of pitching out there to be had. And the few big name arms, were like $20 mil a year. The team can't afford a better pitching staff. There only hope is to develop something, which doesn't seem to be anytime soon.

The Pitching staff I can deal with, it's the offense that disappears too much IMO. Either they score double digits or their lucky to get 2 runs. Anytime this team doesn't score 5-6 runs I put the loss on the hitters. There's no excuse for them to not score that much.
    Last edited by Karps TA; 05-18-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Well good to see Macha made this List.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ti-managers051710

Also JSonline Poll: Are you confident that Manager ken Macha can turn the Brewers into winners this season. 94% said no.

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    LMAO at that article. Where did they find the picture of Macha showing emotion?

At the very least the bullpen coach has to be fired at this point. Like today.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I saved the picture from last year on the front sports page of the JS, with him cropped into a boat with the saying "stormy water" or something cheesy. Too funny.

As I was saying....time to re-tool for 2011 and beyond. Punt on 2010 and dump the vets who aren't part of the future and get some young talent in return, if possible. I think there is pressure from ownership and how good attendence has been, making them afraid of showing they are giving up on this year even though they must think it might be in their best interest to work for the future. But winning sells tickets, build the right way and fans will be back. Better than mediocrity.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Until Melvin cuts Suppan, he is not willing to do whatever it takes to win. Right now he's looking out for his own ass and by not admitting fault in the signing. And why did it take 5 blown saves in 10 opportunities before Hoffman was pulled as the closer? I'm not sure, all I know is that the young guys that were given the opportunity to do what they were not given to do in the beginning, came up big. What I mean is, Narveson started, Axford pitched relief for a couple and Villa, our best reliever this year, was given the save opportunity. Other people should be given the opportunity to produce when the regulars arn't. Today was proof of that.
    On a side note, is anyone else excited to see Zaun go to the DL so we can see what Lucroy can do?

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now