Thread: Capuano

Capuano

Pitched 8 innings with 0 earned runs. Maybe there's some hope for him coming to the majors and shoring up this starting pitching some time soon? I'm not holding my breath, I don't think Melvin has the balls to finally cut Suppan and send Davis to the pen.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/93740984.html

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar
    As much as our pitching has been bad, the hitting has been even worse. What difference does it make if the staff gives up 3 runs or 9 when the offense either puts up 15 or 0.

The pitching staff kept the Brewers in the games against the Braves for 6-7 innings. But when the offense does zero, then the pitchers come in thinking they need to be perfect, which leads to mistakes. The big numbers the pitching staff put up against the Braves was all after the Brewers were pretty much finished anyways.

As for Capuano, I looked up his stats the other day, and I think absence makes the heart grow fonder. People act like he was Roger Clemens or something. His best ERA was 3.99 and that was 5 years ago when he won 18 games. He;d be a great story if he could come back. But it's not like he's a dominate pitcher.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

He's comparable to roger clemems when you got Suppan in the rotation.....

The offense will be fine....the pitching is more of a concern, IMO.

I'm rooting for Cappy, always seemed like a nice guy and to come back from two TJ surgeries, hard not to pull for him.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares