Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2011 F-250 vs 2010 Ram 2500

Entertaining read:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

(what's up with the f-250 styling though?!?)
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

64K for the ford!!! WHOLY FUCKERBALLS!!! All that torque and power from both and they still runs mid 16s stock?? WTF??? I understand they will each respond well to tuners, but damn one would think alot more performance should be there right out of the box.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    64K for the ford!!! WHOLY FUCKERBALLS!!! All that torque and power from both and they still runs mid 16s stock?? WTF??? I understand they will each respond well to tuners, but damn one would think alot more performance should be there right out of the box.
    It's going to be interesting to see what Chevy and Dodge turn the wicks up to to match the Ford's 735ft-lbs of torque.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Tom, that 64k price tag on the 250 is for a fully loaded King Ranch Supercrew, which is one step above the lariat. you can count on the truck being 20k less in xlt form, which is what the average person who buys the diesel 250 wants..........
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    Tom, that 64k price tag on the 250 is for a fully loaded King Ranch Supercrew, which is one step above the lariat. you can count on the truck being 20k less in xlt form, which is what the average person who buys the diesel 250 wants..........
    God id hate to see what a "king expensive" dually runs!!

So it will be 55K for the lesser models and 45k for the blue-collar specials

On another interesting note, that Urea injection, i just found out today that Urea and diesel fuel were some of the main ingredients on the OKC bombing!!! No better wayt o clean sout out of a cat i guess than that! lol
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    God id hate to see what a "king expensive" dually runs!!

So it will be 55K for the lesser models and 45k for the blue-collar specials

On another interesting note, that Urea injection, i just found out today that Urea and diesel fuel were some of the main ingredients on the OKC bombing!!! No better wayt o clean sout out of a cat i guess than that! lol

Lol I hear you on both points. Just think of how much a fully loaded King Ranch/HD edition dually runs
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

ill stick with my 05' or a 06' cummins
    "If you keep feeding a lion, then run out of food, you're the food.."

I like my duramax. they can all keep their urea injection systems. stupid diesel emissions.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Tom you have to remember these are easily 7500 lbs trucks. There is a lot of weight to move.

The prrices on new diesels is ludicrous...thats probably why used diesels keep increasing in value.

I really dont have much hope for this new ford ...but only time will tell.
    -Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see what Chevy and Dodge turn the wicks up to to match the Ford's 735ft-lbs of torque.
    Chevy's answer for 2011 will be 397/765. Makes my 365/660 seem wimpy...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    I remember being amazed by trucks putting out 450-500 ft-lbs of torque, lol. Hard to recall the old 6.2 chevy diesel with something like 250 ft-lbs of torque...or even the 6.5 TD with a whopping 360ish
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

You can now do pricing on them for basic build

Pick motor, 4x4 or 4x2, axle, cab style, and box length.

http://bp2.forddirect.fordvehicles.c...y#page=/Style/

Cheapest looks to be about $36k
    2012 F150 Eco Boost Screw 4x4 6 1/2 Bed--Line X--

Chrysler Certified Technician Plum Crazy's Avatar
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning

Id still go with the Cummins, because you know you can get well over 250,000 miles out of one, it just depends on how the Dodge body and parts stay together. The highest milage Cummins ive seen was a 2004.5 with 564,000 miles on it and it was mint.
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy Purple
    2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Flame Red
    1967 AMC Ambassador Convertible

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum Crazy View Post
    The highest milage Cummins ive seen was a 2004.5 with 564,000 miles on it and it was mint.
    Million mile Dodge Ram Cummins
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srn_f...layer_embedded

all stock crew cab long bed, 15.9 with no launch and shitty 60 ft times but rudy avg'd low 16s all day
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMax View Post
    got a link to anything with the new duramax in it?
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    got a link to anything with the new duramax in it?
    Some stuff in and around this website...

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/03...v8-diesel.html

lmao @ the Ram, straggling behind by HUUUUGGGEEE numbers on payload and tow capacity. Along with the 6.7 being fairly weak compared to the other two stock.
    -Tyler

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bag View Post
    lmao @ the Ram, straggling behind by HUUUUGGGEEE numbers on payload and tow capacity. Along with the 6.7 being fairly weak compared to the other two stock.
    What, do you think it's not a matter of simply turning up the wick? Like the 5.9 in your truck basically started at a measely 400ft-lbs of torque, yet toward the end was at 550-600ft-lbs...and lord knows capable of much more.

And despite the disadvantage, it appears per the actual test numbers, that cummins that was "fairly weak" still performed similarly to the Ford.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Valiant View Post
    What, do you think it's not a matter of simply turning up the wick? Like the 5.9 in your truck basically started at a measely 400ft-lbs of torque, yet toward the end was at 550-600ft-lbs...and lord knows capable of much more.

And despite the disadvantage, it appears per the actual test numbers, that cummins that was "fairly weak" still performed similarly to the Ford.
    you completely missed my point. I'm not talking modified or turning up the wick...im talking NOW stock for stock. The tow ratings are not even close. Sure the test pulling a 6,000 lbs trailer is going to be pretty damn similar between all trucks because its well within their tow rating.

Also Dodge has always had the shittiest payload capacities and tow capacities compared to their counterparts.

Obviously I'd take the Cummins Dodge over the other two.
    Last edited by T-Bag; 05-11-2010 at 03:51 PM.
    -Tyler