Thread: Diesel for a DD

Hybrid View

The Broke & The Furious BR3W CITY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaw View Post
    a duramax IMO
    why do you say this? I haven't seen many duramax in my range right now, there is a huge jump in the price from the older 6.5's to the dmaxs.
    BREW CITY // Forever in ink.
    '66 Chevy Stepside / Big Cam LQ4 / Posi / Lowered / Built 4L80e

Quote Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
    why do you say this? I haven't seen many duramax in my range right now, there is a huge jump in the price from the older 6.5's to the dmaxs.
    they hold their value, they are really realiable, quieter, and a lot smoother of a ride cause of a IFS, but if you want to pull A LOT of weight they won't handle it, but i am with wrath drive a few and see what you like. I have not seen any more cost wise of driving this then my thunderbird, gets the same MPG, and really about the same to maintain, but you will have to get ready to change the fuel filter every 10k miles and oil changes do go up. But they should last a hell of a lot longer then most gas engines will if you maintain them. Mine has 311k on it and i beat the SHIT out of it!
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!