Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

the death of the dmax

well not so much but this going to change the diesel performance market!! stand alone ecm for cummins common rails.

http://www.destroked.com/zeus/index.shtml
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow! that's is cool,

how much does that run?

but the music in the vid leaves much to be desiered, lol.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

haha.. its around $3,800 but all the shit it gives u ur going to spend close to that anyway. a good chip "stack" is around $1k plus a data logger $1-2k so its right in the ball park. bosch introduced a limited stand alone late last year and was $9k! yea, needless to say only the "big guys" have purchased it and said u need to be a scientist to run it.

wow. that is damn expensive.
    Brandon
    2004.5 K2500hd LLY Dmax/Allison EC/SB - Minor Mod's
    2005 Trailblazer Lt 4x4 - Wife's - Stock
    PS3HANDLE:SilverStreak82

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    wow. that is damn expensive.
    gotta pay to play..this obviously isnt for everyone... i had $1200 just in chips and tuners in my truck and was limited.. that is unlimited! i would have dished out that if i could have kept the vp44 and 100% daily drivability!

Not outa line at all when you look at true standalone systems with datalog output and expandable gauge direct hookup. If your vehicle is'nt a GM product (free online cals) $4000 for plug and play looks tempting compared to desoldering OE computers, soldering in chip sockets and swapping countless reburns until you find one that is just "ok".
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

So is the tuning of Diesels that complex, that someone has not made something like this before? And its so expensive?

Or has there just not been the demand?

so this will give cummins owners similiar options to what efi does for us d-max guys?
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by nismodave View Post
    So is the tuning of Diesels that complex, that someone has not made something like this before? And its so expensive?

Or has there just not been the demand?
    Its electronics (Cummins) platform doesnt lend well to remapping, this is a complete ECM replacement right down to elaborate injector drivers and enough programing to run a dozen of our gas powerd cars.

When I reprogram Cummins' or simply update them I can literaly go to lunch while the process grabs info, sends it off and downloads it. This would apear to be an instant update.

The inline 6 by design is superior, if they did there homework you will probably see yuppies sending driveshafts across traffic lanes at freeway speed
    http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/
    Watching the country collapse in front of me while nobody else notices...

EFI is like 700 bucks ain't it?
    -Kyle

2006 F350 6.0 CCLB DRW Lariat
    Gearhead, Holders Diesel, Retro Solutions, Pure Diesel Power, Screamin Eagle, Spyder Industries, Recon, Dirty Diesels
    KCCO!

dyno tuning for efi live at hucksdorf is $500.
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda69 View Post
    dyno tuning for efi live at hucksdorf is $500.
    for the equilivilant efi live dmax program its around 2k. thats for the unlimited tuning program.. that $500 at hd gets u there tune, but nothing else. u dont own the program and no data logger. so everytime u change something u gota pay another 500 for a retune by them.

Also with the tuning capabilities of the zues i will NOT be surprised to see a 40mpg+ 1 ton from this!

I prefer my EFI Live.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsals1
    I nailed his a$$ with my windsheild fluid
    Toyota Prius: Probably not your first mistake.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Man the diesel guys get raped hard. IMO $3700 seems like A LOT for a standalone. P-N-P or not.

But hey it sounds like it is the first of its kind so they can charge almost anything they want. I'm sure eventually it will get cheaper.

too bad more diesel guys aren't smarter to just buy gm's from the get go. lol
    Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
    Man the diesel guys get raped hard. IMO $3700 seems like A LOT for a standalone. P-N-P or not.

But hey it sounds like it is the first of its kind so they can charge almost anything they want. I'm sure eventually it will get cheaper.
    have u ever looked into the price of big stuff 3 or equivilant? this is pretty much the same thing. ur not "reflashing" this is a entire new ecm.

The Yellow Tie Fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    have u ever looked into the price of big stuff 3 or equivilant? this is pretty much the same thing. ur not "reflashing" this is a entire new ecm.
    I VERY aware of the ecu offerings out there.

Have you ever looked at the price of the AEM EMS? De facto standard in the import world and I don't think there is a single PNP ECU that is more than $2000.

IIRC even the fairly high priced BS3 is still under $2500 IIRC for the GM LSx PNP versions.

$3700 is a lot of money for a PNP ECU. Like I said if they are the only option in the marketplace then they can get away with charging it. But that will only work until their competitors realize there is TONS of margin and they can make a equivalent/similar product for less money.

Pissed off the admins and earned a time out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
    I prefer my EFI Live.
    You know, i have a pretty good amount of experience with both EFI and HP tuners and I have to say that im not a fan of EFI. HP tuners just has such a better layout and is much more user friendly. EFI is pushed very heavily in the diesel community though, unsure why. Seems to be a far inferior product in my eyes. If you ever have a chance to us HP you may never pick up that EFI handheld again!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    incase you did not know. Murray (whatadsm) can make this box if he likes. He told fast how to fix there XIM. He is BY FAR the smartest guy on BCM when it comes to this stuff. ITs his JOB.

Need Traction contol he can make it
    Need NOS control he can make it
    Need coil on plug for a engine he can make it
    He is the man
    Last edited by Dr.Buick; 06-08-2010 at 02:00 PM.
    "My cars got miles.... Garage queens, that's your style"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwII0k2bSpM

Ten years ago if you had 500HP you were the man. Now days that means you bought a new car