LT1 Crank Journals

Is it worth Polishing/ Reworking my LT1 crank Journals by hand or should I just get it machined?

Reason why is that one of my rod bearings has the Hour glass affect and grooved pretty good and the other bearings are pretty grooved too...

I know everyone is gonna say "well get a new crank". Well I wish I could. Trust me if I could, I'd be going with a stroker kit.
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

send it to a machine shop....
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteThunderZ28 View Post
    Is it worth Polishing/ Reworking my LT1 crank Journals by hand or should I just get it machined?

Reason why is that one of my rod bearings has the Hour glass affect and grooved pretty good and the other bearings are pretty grooved too...

I know everyone is gonna say "well get a new crank". Well I wish I could. Trust me if I could, I'd be going with a stroker kit.
    i have an lt4 crank(bigger rolled fillets) that will take a polish,75 takes it.
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

pm'd ya Ron
    'Merica, Hell Yeah!

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Josh, word on the street is an LS1 is a good way to fix a dead LT1. Dunno just what I heard.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
    Josh, word on the street is an LS1 is a good way to fix a dead LT1. Dunno just what I heard.
    Yup that is true

Unless you go bigger than 383 its not worth the stupid amount of cash to go stroker. Snatch up that lt4 crank and call it a day. Use that ridiculous amount of cash for the stroker kit and put it towards a rear end and trans.