Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2008 Turbo Mustang GT

One of my customers who I sold a Mustang to last year came in today to get have his tires toped off with noitrogen. Got to talking with him and asked him if he did anything to it..........Turns out that he was a little busy, having installed a turbo set up on it. Man that thing was tight. Asked him who tuned it, and he said that our very own Tom did a street tune on the car. Said that he has no issues and that he did an awesome job on it. Says thanks to tom, he thinks he should be at 450 to the tire.....any info on this Tom?
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

Yup i did this car about a month ago, i did this out of my own place though since i met him through a mutual friend and was pulling his hair out as the canned tunes were not working for it. Id guess around 450 to the meats, the car is rock stock aside from the powerhouse turbo kit and supporting fuel system mods. I left alot of power on the table seeing as the 3v 4.6's get to around 500 rwhp or better and turn rods into question marks. Def a fun car and really makes me miss my turbo car. This is one of several FI S197s ive done so far with great results, these cars wake up just like LS powered stuff once you get past the learning curve.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    Yup i did this car about a month ago, i did this out of my own place though since i met him through a mutual friend and was pulling his hair out as the canned tunes were not working for it. Id guess around 450 to the meats, the car is rock stock aside from the powerhouse turbo kit and supporting fuel system mods. I left alot of power on the table seeing as the 3v 4.6's get to around 500 rwhp or better and turn rods into question marks. Def a fun car and really makes me miss my turbo car. This is one of several FI S197s ive done so far with great results, these cars wake up just like LS powered stuff once you get past the learning curve.

Yeah, no kidding that the car was rock stock, I was amazed about how tight the whole setup was in the engine bay, really wasnt much room in there at all. He told me he was going to take it to dyno days to get some numbers on it, and possibly get some additional tuning done on it. Did you use HP tuners on it, or another program?
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 05-04-2010 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    Yeah, no kidding that the car was rock stock, I was amazed about how tight the whole setup was in the engine bay, really wasnt much room in there at all. He told me he was going to take it to dyno days to get some numbers on it, and possibly get some additional tuning done on it. Did you use HP tuners on it, or another program?
    HPTuners and saved the guy a fuck ton of money and time that way vs the other usual options.

I'll touch your apex PureSound15's Avatar
    Very cool! Definitely seems like turbo mustangs are quite rare among the Sn95 & 97 generations when compared to previous.

If only the parts and labor were as cheap & accessible as they are in the LSx world. (I.e. Camshafts)

Idk but i actually enjoy working on S197's and hope to get some physical part installs/tuning soon!

He told me that that kit was a little bit of a pain to install, however, didnt require the modifications that most of the other kits need. He also said that the price was better than most out there. His car sure sounded nice when he got on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutwaver View Post
    He told me that that kit was a little bit of a pain to install, however, didnt require the modifications that most of the other kits need. He also said that the price was better than most out there. His car sure sounded nice when he got on it.
    And it needs a clutch already too Car only has like 7k miles on it. My curse has transfered... It has a 67mm PTE on it and im hoping he does a built motor in the future and really lets it have it at like 20 psi!

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    And it needs a clutch already too Car only has like 7k miles on it. My curse has transfered... It has a 67mm PTE on it and im hoping he does a built motor in the future and really lets it have it at like 20 psi!
    I asked him if was planning on taking the mods further. First on his list (for now) was the clutch, probably going with a Spec stage 2 for it. To think, it was between that car and a cts v............lol

I think that I might have heard about this car except that I heard it can fly. Does anyone know if this is true?

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Any pics of this thing?
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverHorse View Post
    I think that I might have heard about this car except that I heard it can fly. Does anyone know if this is true?
    Yeah I heard that also. Why don't you show us some pics your turbo setup.
    You need to get it on the dyno for WBD's open house.
    2002 Trans AM Ws6 M6 Black on Black. Procharged
    2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain
    2009 Infiniti G37x

I'll take some pics this weekend. There is still some tweaking that needs to be done and some cosmetic crap that needs to be cleaned up but the big part is done. I will probably be calling tomorrow or monday to get on the dyno during the open house. I would like to at least have some sort of idea what power it puts down.

<div class="imlinks"> <div class="popupmenu vehicleaction"> <a class="popupctrl" href="#"><strong>Vehicles</strong></a> <ul class="popupbody popuphover vehicleaction_body"> <li class="left"><a href="http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/garage_ve
    I'll take some pics this weekend. There is still some tweaking that needs to be done and some cosmetic crap that needs to be cleaned up but the big part is done. I will probably be calling tomorrow or monday to get on the dyno during the open house. I would like to at least have some sort of idea what power it puts down.
    When you sign up say your on Bcm and its only $40. Sign up for Sunday if you can. Theres going to be a caravan of us from the West Bend area heading down to the BCM car show on saturday in racine if you want to come along.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Quote Originally Posted by Josepy View Post
    When you sign up say your on Bcm and its only $40. Sign up for Sunday if you can. Theres going to be a caravan of us from the West Bend area heading down to the BCM car show on saturday in racine if you want to come along.
    Sunday it is! I would probably be up for cruising down to Racine to see what is around here for cars.

Then you will meet our breakfast spot. "The Truckstop"
    2009 Infiniti G37x

Then you will meet our breakfast spot. "The Truckstop"
    So what is the truckstop?

Called today and preregistered for Sunday, now hopefully the clutch comes!

Welcome to the site man!

So what is the truckstop?

Called today and preregistered for Sunday, now hopefully the clutch comes!
    You will find out soon enough.
    2009 Infiniti G37x

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    You will find out soon enough.
    I smell a conspiracy.

All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.