torqueconvertor not staying locked up?!?

ok jus installed a midwest 3500 stall and a transco shiftkit.... everything works great except when your cruising over 55mph the torque convertor locks up under a slight load but if you tend to keep a stead pace it unlocks.... is that common with these mods or am i having an issue here?!?!

any advice??
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD
    '63 chevy ll < new project
    Some girls do want an 8 second ride

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    you can tune that out if you have HPTuners, or you can have Tom do it for you with a tune.

Otherwise there is the "ghetto" way that you can wire up to one of the wires in the PCM (depends on which year PCM) that you can manually lock it up. I did this on my old '98 Z cause back in the day (2001) it was a cheap way to get a couple tenths on the big end, hahaha. went 12.79 to a 12.65 locking it up on the top end, hahaha. Wouldn't ever do it again, but was fun at the beginning of the ls1 days.

alrighty.... just making sure its not a mechanical issue! first 4L60E ive had apart in like 4years... now i just need to throw the injectors in and get a tune!
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD

if it seems to unlock at a certain throttle percentage, thats in the tune. if it keeps locking and unlocking with no ryhm or reason its maybe just low on fluid?
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

Quote Originally Posted by BAD LS1 View Post
    if it seems to unlock at a certain throttle percentage, thats in the tune. if it keeps locking and unlocking with no ryhm or reason its maybe just low on fluid?
    its definatly when ur under almost no load when cruising... as soon as you put a slight load on it it locks up and will stay locked untill you either let off or you start goin down hill and loose the load on the motor... its full of fluid. sooo as soon as i throw some cash togather ill be hittin you up for a tune
    '95 saturn < v8 GONE!
    '09 avalanche < tow rig
    '05 ion < DD