Concrete question

I've got a concrete patio in the backyard. Two of the slabs are tilted toward the house and water pools up whenever it rains.
    I got a few mudjacking estimates, but have heard that's just buying you a few years before it sinks again.
    The other day I saw a show on the DIY Network (Yard Crashers) and they layed 18"x18" pavers over a concrete patio.
    If I could level the slabs with sand or concrete and lay pavers over the top, instead of busting up all that concrete...that would be IDEAL.

Your thoughts on this? Would this work or not even?

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    I had a issue with my old driveway at another house,the cut a one foot section out and put a grated drain that went to a pop up away fromt the house,it was a permanet and awesome fix as i then could wash the car in the garage in winter squeege to grate that i put heat tapes in so it wouldnt freeze

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

I've thought about laying pavers but will end up with a floating deck over my lifting concrete patio pad instead. If you lay the pavers down, you would have to use ALOT of sand to level it out and to hide the mismatched levels of the crete beneath it. For now, a nice outdoor rug hides the cracks.

I had a couple of concrete approaches mudjacked a few years ago at my shop. They where maybe 4 ft wide and 30ft long, they have not moved at all..

If the slab is moving around wouldn't pavers just move with the slab?
    Keith & Amanda
    2001 Formula Firehawk
    87 GN Only fast on the Souf Side
    70 GS 455 Stock Appearing

Senior Member..now yer posting!
    I had mudjacking done and it hasn't moved. The work that was done carries a 5 year warranty.