Dyno results thread 2010

Here is the first in the line of GM and Ford cars ill be tuning this summer im going to post results of.

This one here is a bit of an enigma to us, but everyonce in a while you run accross wringers like this

This is a Before and after graph of an 06' M6 GTO i tuned last night. The owner just bought the car as is and wanted the tune gone through which appears to have been tweaked prior somwhere else. All we know is the car has a decent cam in it, ported factory 243 heads, long tube headers, catless midpipes into a STOCK catback and a FAST 102MM intake with vararam CAI.

This thing pretty much destroys anything ive ever seen from an LS2, but this car belted out 489RWHP and 441 tq! And it backed it up with a 487RWHP run. We have no idea if this is a stock bottom end car or not and it looks to be untouched??

All i did was polish up the exisiting tune, put in my own timing curve and leaned it out to about 12.5:1 AFR where it made its best power. Its a little blah below 3k, but a set of 3.90s in this thing would make it a tough street car as this thing just explodes and sets the tires into orbit in the first 3 gears above 4k.

Last edited by BAD LS1; 04-27-2010 at 02:05 PM.
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    nice Tom!!! That's a hell of a number. I know my old 382 all bore was about 10-15rwhp less than that with alot more head and probably bigger cam. So that thing is hauling ass with your tune!

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    nice Tom!!! That's a hell of a number. I know my old 382 all bore was about 10-15rwhp less than that with alot more head and probably bigger cam. So that thing is hauling ass with your tune!
    With how low the torque is id venture to guess its still a stock bottom end but this thing is the big swinging dick as far as dyno numbers go! Almost as good as the 475hp LS2 C6 last year with a baby cam and stock heads or the 08 C6 LS3 that made 450 with vararam,LG headers/xpipe, corsa axleback and tune only!

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    tell that guy he better get it to the track! hahaha. got to use it all, haha.

there not ringers, they are just tuned right by you, not the speed inc toss in the tune from another car and then get the a/f semi right and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    tell that guy he better get it to the track! hahaha. got to use it all, haha.

there not ringers, they are just tuned right by you, not the speed inc toss in the tune from another car and then get the a/f semi right and that's that.
    Lol i wont say a word hahah but it does make making money quickly a viable option that way. All bullshit aside its not like i really spent countless hours beating every last HP out of it, 6 total pulls start to finish.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Fawk I need to get mine tuned.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

The tune you did is incredible the car drives like stock but when I crack the throttle it just keeps on pulling. I wish I knew what the cam spec's were and I'm not sure but heads looked pretty stock when I had the manifold off. Thanks again for the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by chaser2440 View Post
    The tune you did is incredible the car drives like stock but when I crack the throttle it just keeps on pulling. I wish I knew what the cam spec's were and I'm not sure but heads looked pretty stock when I had the manifold off. Thanks again for the great work.
    Glad to help!!! Thanks for the opportunity!

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    Wow that's rediculous... everyone at LS1GTO would have you think those numbers are unobtainable without L92 heads. Nice work.

I need to get some monies for more go-fast parts.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

Quote Originally Posted by GTO RLY? View Post
    Wow that's rediculous... everyone at LS1GTO would have you think those numbers are unobtainable without L92 heads. Nice work.

I need to get some monies for more go-fast parts.
    Yah im convinced L92 are NOT the answer for the time being... its gonna take a couple years yet till intakes get further revision and cam specs come a little further along till the true potential is realized.

5.0... It's what's for dinner. GTO RLY?'s Avatar
    IMO, p/p 243's are the probably way to go until you go stroked. I had a discussion with a few members on a different GTO board about L92's and a few people agreed that L92's would more than likely lose you some low-mid range TQ (and are "touchy" to cam specs) because of the reduced charge turbulence from much larger intake runners. It also brought up a debate of if there was an actual advantage to a cathedral port vs square port simply from a charge turbulence standpoint... I know GM wouldn't have come up with the design simply for shits & grins. As it stands, p/p 243's are a better option for the budget-minded enthusiast.

What really threw me for a loop and made me start questioning them was the fact that FAST came up with a 102mm intake manifold for cathedral port heads, implying that the heads were capable of supporting that big of a TB/intake combo to make it worth your time and $$$. This run proves it.

05M6 CGM GTO - Svede OTRCAI, Bassani, minus 144lbs, self SD tuned with HPT2.23beta & LC-1

What were the before #s? That car seems insane for the mods!
    2007 C6 ZO6 427ci stock for now!
    2008 BMW 135i 3.0 of twin turbo goodness.(sold)
    2006 WRX STI-STOCK(sold)
    1994 Transam-640rwhp 383 procharged(parting out let me know what you need)