A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And so it begins...

The Lil' Red Truck begins it's re-imagination with a nice big credit card charge

Ordered:
    Edlebrock AL Magnum Heads, CNC ported w/ 2.08 valves, flow test at 310cfm.
    Hughes Engine custom HYD roller camshaft. 218/228 @ .050, .544/.544 lift, 106 LSA (nice step up from the stock 190 @ .050, .410 lift, 116LSA currently in there )
    New Crane stud mounted gold roller rockers, 1.6:1 ratio
    Head Gaskets
    ARP Head bolts

Still to order:
    Headers (hoping to find stepped 1 5/8-1 3/4, but 1 5/8th's will do if that all I can find)
    Consdering upgrading to a 700cfm carb (600 cfm currently)

This will hopefully go nicely with the 2600rpm stall T/C that I've got as well.

The heads are a little overkill...but I decided to buy heads that I'll want to put on top of a new 12:1 cr 408 short-block that I'm planning in the future (along with a much bigger cam at that time too). However, I don't want to spend all that cash at this time...so I'll just live with the huge heads.

So hopefully in two weeks, I can post pics of the stuff when it arrives
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Formerly known as Yellow Wagon jbiscuit's Avatar
    Awesome Chris. Hope I was some inspiration to want to throw some parts at your truck. I can't have all the fun
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    2012 Subaru WRX STi 5-door
    1964 Biscayne 2dr - 4-speed

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiscuit View Post
    Awesome Chris. Hope I was some inspiration to want to throw some parts at your truck. I can't have all the fun
    I'll give you a little credit; but some of it (the 408 build) has been something I've been planning since I got it...

a big part of getting me going was just going to the track and running it; nothing will kick one in the rear to do something like going to the track

the bug has bitten, lol.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    hahaha, awesome Chris! it's always fun getting parts that show up on your doorstep!

Sweet! Mo' power for the MoPar.

Blog Entries
    The deal actually got better...they called today instead of giving me a set of fresh ones, they are selling me a set of heads that a customer reneged on...so more work was done on the pushrod pinch (so a few more cfm should find it's way by) and some milling/cc'ing the combustion chamber to go from 66 cc after port work down to 60cc...so a 4 cc improvement over stock eddy, which are a nice improvement from what I've got in the first place...which is important when going from cast iron to AL heads....and more so when stepping up flow/cam too. All the extra work for but a fraction of what it'd normally cost...

Still have to find a decent set of headers...can't believe some of the stuff that's out there, with 1/4 inch flanges. I like some of Doug Thorley's stuff...but it looks like it might require me running a different starter.

It's looking like Hooker competition headers might be the way to go...
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500

Blog Entries
    Oh, AND I'm getting the correct throttle/return spring brackets....might need to get a different throttle cable though, as the current one seems about 6" too long.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500