Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    oh yeah, he's full of great ideas and very helpful tips. i'm glad to go racing with him and hang out with the guys. always a ton of fun.

True Street Race 7/3 at GLD

LOTS of fun and very excited!!! Got some new bests and really learning how to race thing alot better.

First test and tune, I just wanted to get out on it real hard and see what it does. Did a pretty decent wheelie(not like a stunting wheelie, but it pulled it pretty good)

Went-
    1.665 60ft
    4.423 330ft
    115.88mph 1/8th
    6.590 1/8th
    9.97 @ 144.69 mph

My first 9 sec pass on it. SO excited. Especially since I hit the turnsignal button and not the horn button for the shifter, so it hit the limiter.

New bests all around

So next pass I tried to come out even harder. It didn't work. Wheelied really bad and couldn't recover

10.09 @ 145.63mph

New best MPH weirdly though.

So tried coming out softer to try and make a smooth pass and hit all my shifts.

1.80 60ft
    4.44 330ft
    6.557 1/8th
    117.57mph 1/8th
    9.92 @ 144.81

Another new best. But it wasn't a decent launch.

So next pass is our first qualifying pass. I knew I had to do something better. I was having fun with making passes, but I needed alot better one.

Came out hard and hit the shifts....

1.671 60ft
    4.264 330ft
    6.354 1/8th
    118.43mph 1/8
    9.71 @ 144.74

Incredible pass, the launch felt great, hit everything. I had taken a degree of timing out of it at the lower rpm ranges to try and see if it would help the wheelie control. It did. Allowed me to get that new best 1/8th mile MPH too.

Second round qualifying...

1.672 60ft
    4.264 330ft
    6.369 1/8th
    117.17mph 1/8th
    9.74 @ 144.97

VERY similar to first round qualifying pass. I tried to keep it in 4th gear longer to see if I could make it to the traps, but it didn't work, and had to shift right before the stripe. So that slowed me down a bit. I should have known better, I'm shifting too high as it is.

So I get paired up with a 9.50 guy that is on the money. He's a big racer in some of the other series. Nice guy, just REALLY good. Same bike runs in 9.50 all motor, and then 8.90 class with the spray on it. He qualified with like a 9.53 or something. So I either had to get him on the light or try and run a new best and hope he breaks out from thinking I'm going slow.

So first round eliminations...

.096 reaction to his .115 so I got him out of the whole

1.655 60ft , so it's a new best for me and I'm on a mission....

I pick my feet up to get them on the pegs, and accidently bump the shifter and into neutral it goes. MUTHA FUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And off I saw the guy go for an easy win.

So I'm pissed as hell about that. BUT... can't be all that bad of a day with dropping my e.t.'s into the 9's. Improved my best time by .30 which is a TON.

I just wish I woulda made a clean pass on that last one as I think it woulda been even better.

I'm happy I'm getting the launching down on the stock wheel base. It's insanely hard, but the feeling of a 1.6 with the front tire just dangling in the air a bit and then hit the button for second and it comes up again and ride it out. It's awesome!

Gotta get back on the dyno to see if there is any more power left.

EDIT - DA was 2600 yesterday. Can't wait till the fall for some better weather.
    Last edited by Crawlin; 07-04-2010 at 10:11 AM.

some pics from the track.

I'm losing to nitrouschris, but it was a best pass

I gotta buy that close up burnout one

I was WAYYYY badass to see you keep improving! When you get an arm, its game over for me, i cant keep up with that HP!
    2wheel wrench spinner

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinRAM114 View Post
    Nitrous chris is my homie! Haha looks like luke welded that up! U need him to make u a swing arm like chris'. Bike looks good! hanging around chris' shop gives me an itch to get a bike like that.. looks like fun

GET A GOD DAMN BIKE AND COME PLAY! we need more peeps at the track to monitor the grill! we got a good group goin now, so come on out!
    2wheel wrench spinner

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrouschris View Post
    GET A GOD DAMN BIKE AND COME PLAY! we need more peeps at the track to monitor the grill! we got a good group goin now, so come on out!
    prolly
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

HUGE thanks to nitrouschris again for the help. Got my swing arm in the other day and just dreaded actually doing the swap. But it was a TON easier. If I would have been paying attention it would have been faster than the hour and a half it took. Got it almost together and realized I missed a spacer.

Stock wheelbase is 57.5". With this arm on it and I can go from about 60" to about 65". Right now I have it set at 62". Also put the new chain on it and a new rear sprocket. Stock is 43 and this is 46 teeth. So i'm -1 front and +3 rear which is right on for my weight

Nitrous bottle bracket

Finished product - I need an extended tail if I want to go further back with it. It has the 3 hole adjusters so if I need to I can just move the axle to the rear hole.

Im not a bike guy....

But damn thats a sexy looking bike!!

thanks Dave! it's so much fun

i dig that arm! AND that sexy dude! LOL! she gonna FLY!
    2wheel wrench spinner

looks sweet chris
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

i dig that arm! AND that sexy dude! LOL! she gonna FLY!
    gotta make sure people know you are talking about yourself right there, hahaha.

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    Im not so sure he was.

So a great day at the track yesterday. I didn't plan on going but just went for the hell of it cause I was bored.

Saw Chris and Sam there for a bit.

I decided I just wanted to have some fun, but the Cycle Bash event was going on(this replaced the True Street bike classes) so I decided to hop in the 9.50 class.

I made a couple passes. First was a 9.73 @ 143 then a 9.86 @ 141. Just was trying to get a feel for the bike.

Made a decision to really go after it on the launch but I ended up wheeling. Still went a 1.50 on the 60ft on a bike!! haha. Felt great until it came up.

Then went a 9.53 @ 145 on a 1.612 60ft so there was room for improvement. BUT it was a new best and it was right there for my class.

Nitrouschris has joked around that he wanted to see a .45 out of it, haha. SO next pass what happens,

1.58 - 60
    4.07 - 330
    9.45 @ 145

So another new best. I'm excited.

First round of qualifying.

I got out really well and went down track and new it was on a pass, so I let off at the 1000' mark

1.50 - 60
    3.98 - 330 (in the bike world, sub 4sec 330 is REALLY hauling the mail)
    9.45 @ 132mph

I let off and lost that 13mph but still wen the .45!!!
    FOR SURE would have been a 9.3x pass but it was qualifying for a 9.50 class so I fucked that up.

Next pass for qualifying I went 9.71 just trying to make sure I get towards the top of the latter.

I end up qualifying #1 cause a couple of the guys had issues and another one broke out.

First pass eliminations, I got out with a .135 reaction and 1.56 60 to the opponents .305 reaction and 1.73 60. SO in 60ft I was already almost .4 seconds ahead.

I just literally turned my head and watched him the whole way down the track to make sure I was ahead and then let off to make sure I didn't break out of the 9.50 index. I went 9.68 to his 9.62. He was faster since he was on the gas the whole time.

In the finals, SAME thing. I went a .030 reaction and a 1.5 60ft to his .150 reaction and his 1.7 60ft. I guess he was spinning quite a bit and then wheelied but I never saw it. I just looked back at about the 330 mark and he was WAAAAY back there so I let off. I kept going and kept on the throttle and saw him coming fast. So I got back on the throttle.

I fucked up. I should have just stayed in it till maybe the 1000' and then just jammed on the brakes. He came around me on the top end and won by .037 seconds. Less than 4 hundreths of a second cause I need some more lessons in street racing the finish line, haha.

SO I finished second.

I made another pass at the end of the night just to try and go all out. There had been an oil down that took 2 hours to clean up and the track was going away. It was the normal 9:30pm dewey/slippery track. So I went soft on the launch since I previous one to this I spun bad.

Went

1.59 - 60
    4.09 - 300
    9.44 @ 145mph

SO that's my new best. The thing definitely DEFINITELY has a 9.3x in it soon as I can put it all together and come out swinging.

Looks like you found something you really like. Seems to be a bit more strategy involved also. Good luck.
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

congrats on the new best chris
    Check out our NEW online store!
    http://store.clocksoffracing.com/

Congrats!!! Sound like you are really having fun!

fricken sweet! thats moving! did u take all of Nchris' luck? seems like everytime he goes to the track he comes home emo hahahaha jk chris.
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package

LOL! i hate dragracing.....
    2wheel wrench spinner

Senior Member..now yer posting! outlawgibbs's Avatar
    LOL! i hate dragracing.....
    For some reason I dont believe you