Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Well if you look at the first pic of this thread, you'll see the side fairing was cut up pretty good. They needed to be able to show how the headers transitioned into the exhaust. Well, I knew it buying it, so last week I ordered up a factory piece to replace it. Just the orange piece.

Now imagine trying to cut up a brand new piece of plastic. You guys who know bikes know these things aren't cheap. Had to make sure it was right.

Turned out pretty well. If it starts to bubble from the heat of the pipe, then I'll have to trim some more, but atleast it looks better!

All back together. Had to trim a few other little bits because the black portions had melted in areas, but oh well.

Good looking unit! matches pretty close to the inferno orange of my 5th gen!
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

The bike is looking great Chris! looks a hell of a lot better with the new Fairing!
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    stew - continuing confirmation of the hypothesis that marbles aren't sharp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Jim you build... break... and rebuild cars faster than I can put one together.

looks good cris......

wana race for a cheeez burger? lol mines twice the weight and half the motor ,,,,,
    CKSC

And you will beat me, hahaha

i'm down for a cheeseburger though! haha

mine only has 2 cyclinders ....lol
    CKSC

descreet little switch

Friggin Sweet, Chris.

I must of missed this first time around.

I swear this thing is comfortable, haha. Gets you alot lower into the bike so it actually "felt" alot better when I was making some test passes down the street.

And now for what the switch is for....

I wish it was nitrous, hahaha.

Ain't technology lovely?

I can actually use the stock ECM and one of the wiring harnesses I got from the same place I got the interface to tune the stock ECM, to control it all. So the stock ECM is controlling the engine kill on the air shifts. No $200 kill box needed, haha.

fucking air shifter lol you crazy
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

Well my first trip did NOT go well. Had a leak in the air line so I went to shift and NOTHING. So yeah,

10.5 @ 140mph on a 1.9x 60ft.

Then I tried a bit higher launch since it bogged REALLY bad on launch.

10.2 @ 139.9 on a 1.8x 60ft.

Still bogged REALLY bad out of the hole.

So I tried coming out even higher(about 5000rpm) and tried slipping the clutch alot more. The track was STICKY as hell. My boots stuck to the ground everytime I tried to move forward. I let the clutch out too fast and it bogged AGAIN!

10.5 @ 141.5mph on a 1.9 60ft.

So I had a fucking GREAT time traveling for the race(was in Cordova). I learned ALOT. I learned I need more practice! The bike isn't even off the trailer, it's just parked in the garage ready to be pulled to go racing again, haha.

Gonna keep on chipping away. The air shifter engine kill time is a bit long too.

To give an idea of where I should be, the bike guys look at the 330' times. Gives an idication as to how fast they can get to WOT. So I should be 4.0-4.1 for a "normal" time and I'm at about a mid 4.8

So that coupled with the fact that after the grip swap it's not going 100% WOT according to the TPS, I got some room to improve.
    Last edited by Crawlin; 05-16-2010 at 10:13 AM.

SWEET build and write up Chris! didnt know you did this, i dont make it on here much

Chirs
    2wheel wrench spinner

I know you don't hahaha.

I appreciate the help you've given so far and of course in the future

See you later today!

New toys to be installed.....

Cycle Concepts "Drag Pak". new fibers and steels

This is the Brock's Cushion Kit. Hoping that it helps to ease the launches a bit.

had an issue at the track the last time on that tuesday with the clutch not liking the hot lapping. SO hopefully this stuff helps a bit on that and the holding power.

I would put in a better clutch basket to while you are in there. It is a must if you end up upping the power...
    Owner of Sunset Self Storage LLC. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED STORAGE. 24/7 access. No Contract length. Self Storage/Portable Storage/Vehicle Transport
    Thanks, Brad 262.751.9439

09 Cadillac CTS V Has some stuff done...
    05 Chevy Duramax: Best time in 4wd was 12.22 @ 108
    99 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic: Big Bore, Cams, tune.

Just a small update. While I was on vacation, thanks to nitrouschris I was able to have the parts for the clutch upgraded. Chris got the "clutch mod" done for me and get the Brock's cushion kit as well as Cycle Concepts drag pak in there. So hopefully this will make a difference on how I can launch it.

well, seems that it's helping a little bit i just need WAAAY more practice still.

ran a 10.2 @ 154mph according to the slip on a 1.86 60ft so that was an improvement but the mph had to be way off.

then ran a 10.0 @ 142mph on a 1.77 60ft so I'm getting better.

the 330' is what matters on bikes. i need to be 4.0-4.1 and i'm still up around 4.4 even with the better 60ft's.

so more practice and some time on the dyno to make sure the tune is back to wher eit should be and we'll see what it does. got to put the gearing on the bike too

Great looking bike Chris! I like that color a lot.
    2007 Lexus LS460
    2013 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    2011 Toyota Camry SE V6

Thanks Chris!!

As a little update I tossed it on the dyno at work last night.

155hp. That doesn't seem right. So did it again and made a clean pass = 170hp. Ok a bit better but checking out the a/f it was all over the place. So with the ECU editor, I was able to make some adjustments with it to smooth it out a bit. Needs more work, but it's definitely picking up.

I also changed up some of the ignition timing since these bikes are made for 87 regular. Since I had the 93 in it I just wanted to see if an additional degree would make a difference, and it did.

Initial numbers - 170hp / 80 ft-lbs
    Final numbers - 185hp / 107 ft-lbs

I am pretty sure those are corrected numbers too cause it was hot as fuck in the dyno cell. That was also with the load on the drum of about 20-25% to simulate the street.

Like I said, still have ALOT of room to play with this editor. So hopefully I get some more time on the dyno and we should be good to maybe gain a tenth and bust me into the 9's with some more practice.

Chris
    Last edited by Crawlin; 06-25-2010 at 08:18 AM.

Nitrous chris is my homie! Haha looks like luke welded that up! U need him to make u a swing arm like chris'. Bike looks good! hanging around chris' shop gives me an itch to get a bike like that.. looks like fun
    2002 dodge cummins - mechanically injected, stupid built.. never ending project
    2013 Toyota Tacoma - crewcab, v6, 6 spd, 4wd, TRD package