Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

Super Street Busa....

Since this is something I will be racing consistantly(till I sell it, haha), there was a couple things I wanted to do to it. I will be trying to race in two organizations. Both of them are a 9.50 e.t. index class for the 1/4. The class name is Super Street hence the title in case anyone was wondering. I hope I'm able to make it that quick at the short wheel base(SWB). I do plan to eventually get an extended swingarm and some other stuff, but for now, budget is still a budget, haha.

So first, just a crappy pic from the cell phone and the two pics I had posted before from when I got to Vance & Hines.

Exhaust shot

Ok, so one of the first things I want to do is get this thing lower. The lower the better for me for racing it as SWB(short wheel base). So the first part of it was to relocate the rectifier. For some reason on the gen2 busa's('08+) they put them down here in front of the rear tire.

They make this bracket to relocate it and the stock wiring is long enough not to have to do any cut/splicing, so it's a simple bolt on procedure.

One part that sucks that you can kinda see, is the bolts for the rear pegs. Now, I will have a passenger on the bike every so often, so I have to keep them on here. Unfortunately, Suzuki decided to keep the bolts that mounted these to the subframe UNDERNEATH the plastics. So you either have to remove the plastics everytime you want to put them back on or just leave it how it is and deal with them on there when racing.

So now all of that is out of the way. The rectifier location is now the same as the '99-'07 generation. You can see it cleans it up nice and the only thing there is the suspension.

Last edited by Crawlin; 04-18-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    cool that bike is awesome man

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

So on to the next mod, which is the adjustable lowering links for the rear. I just had some one position ones in there that came with the bike, but i need the adjustability.

Next, this thing is NUTS. I mean, certifiably insane on acceleration. I couldn't imagine some of the turbo bikes. But of course we all want more, so I bought this to help keep things under control a bit. Just a steering dampner to help the head shake when the tire is floating right above the pavement. 1-4 are useless so hopefully this will help calm it down a bit as the front just skips along under acceleration.

It's cool how this thing works. Just replace the four big allen head bolts with the four that are included in the package. The four new ones are drilled and tapped for the smaller allen bolts to get screwed inside to hold the stabalizer mount. Just sucks cause I do plan on lowering the front end a bit and will have to remove all of this to get to it, but oh well, only takes like 20 minutes.

It's not really bolted up right now since I still need to get under the gas tank for some things.
    Last edited by Crawlin; 04-17-2010 at 09:32 PM.

One of the most important things I'm trying to do is actually follow the rules of the class for safety. One of them being, every bike needs a tether shut off switch "just in case". Yes all these new bikes have the sensor to shut off in case it tips over, but they want this safety precaution still for the NHRA/AMA stuff. This one mounts on the front master cylinder for the brakes and it gets wired into the kickstand switch. It's all plug and play. The best thing about this bike, you can get everything you need to be plug and play instead of having to mess around with cutting it up.

Up next for tomorrow is a couple things. First is the PAIR block off plates.

We'll get some more pics of that as well as the wiring harness for some other things. Luckily someone has broken the computer code for the busa's so self tuning is easy. The software is amazingly, FREE!!! They even show you how to build the interface you'd need to flash your computer. Now me, I'm lazy so I just purchased the interface they build. That way I know it's right and most importantly can opt for some "extras" . The tuning software can use the computer as a killbox for an air shifter. An even better feature, is it can use the gear position sensor and other sensors such as speed and TPS for a progressive nitrous controller So yeah, of course I had to buy those two extra harness as well

We'll see how tomorrow goes....

Praise the Lord. Reverend Cooper's Avatar
    that bike is gonna be rediculas lol

special thanks to: Marv @ C&M performance 262-993-6605

Hahaha. Thanks Coop. I really like it. It rides so much better than my old '04 and that thing was comfortable. I could put saddlebags on this thing and ride it everywhere. Already 1/6 of the way to the total amount of miles I put on that old '06 600 I just got rid off.(Well 600 miles in a year isn't much, so this first 100 was pretty easy, haha)

its almost that time again Ricky Bobby's Avatar
    lookin good chris

Sucky part is I'm still waiting for a ton of parts. To be honest, I still dont' know what I'm waiting for at this point, haha. New race seat, mirror block offs, license plate mount, and front strap I believe.

PS - if anyone finds a right fairing for one of these things in their random searches, please let me know. Ebay didn't work out and craigslist didn't have anything. Want to replace that orange part since I don't need it cut so much since I'm not the one showing it

chris how much do you want for the bike?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

Hahaha, can't sell it yet. Was more of a joke Give me another 500 miles, haha.

Where's the turbo? sharp bike though!
    2012 Cruze ECO M6 - Crystal Red- Just a little more boost than stock!
    2001 Camaro SS - Rallye Red - In process.

At some point that just might come. But you know how it is, only working a couple hours a week doesn't exactly fit the "turbo build" budget required.

For now, I only need 9.50 power, and it's already got that. Just need 9.50 riding ability, haha. That will come with time.

Still got lots to do, but that will come when more parts show up. Today just wanted to tidy up some stuff. The rectifier relocate was really bothering me with the wires, so I rerouted those a bit better. It will all be under the fairings, so it's just me that would notice, but I've never really worked on something so clean, so wanted to make sure it was done right.

So first up was more plug/play wiring. This is the harness that will allow me to tune the stock ECU.

Just pushing out some of the blocked off areas in the stock ecu connectors and inserting the premade wiring.

Connect two more of the connectors that were blocked off

Then square everything away and make sure it is tight and the connectors aren't gonna come out. Then just route the leftover white plug to someplace accessible. This is what connects to the interface for the flashing. You can see the black box with the switch on it and the USB cable to connect to computer.

So here's the finished product.

Up next was to get under the tank. I wanted to see if it was a stock filter or an aftermarket one. It is a stock one. I will be ordering a BMC Race filter for this on Monday. I put one on the old 600 and dynoed it at work and it was worth 5rwhp, so maybe we can get a couple out of this thing too. Will have to retune it at some point, but I think I'll be alright.

The purpose for today was to get at the PAIR valve and block off the ports. For the guys with aftermarket exhaust, eliminating this helps reduce/eliminate the popping on decel quite a bit. So I had ordered up those APE covers. Pretty neat pieces, but definitely don't need to be so fancy to be sitting under the tank.

This is what I'm trying to get rid of. The nice thing is now the electrical connector that is supposed to be hooked up to this, gets hooked up to the nitrous wiring harness

So finished product. Nothing special.

I finished up the wiring on the tether. That just gets wired into the kickstand switch, so it was simply just following the wiring to the connector and unplugging it and plugging this in the middle. VERY simple. I just realized I must have thrown away my huge tub of zipties in the move, so now I need to go pick up some more. Then I can clean that up as well.

i'll buy it from ya in a few months
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

We can go riding sometime soon, haha. I know neither of us will be throwing these things through corners, haha. How is your's running lil?

I seriously am in love with this thing. A TON more than any of the LS1 stuff I've had. Funny thing is, it's still just as expensive for alot of the engine stuff. Head/cam packages are like $2500 for some decent stuff. I need to swap valvesprings at some point.

i throw mine through the twisties all the time but mines not lowered or has a drag pipe hangin off the side

Couple more days before first race. I'm gonna be pissed if these parts don't start showing up, haha.

Thanks to my old place of employment for doing up the numbers. Crappy cell phone pic.

Don't have the rest of the body on to show the rear tail with them, but atleast this way the e.t. booth will be able to read them

lol very nice decals!

stupid rain!!! first race of the season, and of course rained out. had a good time sitting with friends for the 6-7 hrs we were there.

Cool pic thanks to Dom87SS!!