Threaded View

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar

Super Street Busa....

Since this is something I will be racing consistantly(till I sell it, haha), there was a couple things I wanted to do to it. I will be trying to race in two organizations. Both of them are a 9.50 e.t. index class for the 1/4. The class name is Super Street hence the title in case anyone was wondering. I hope I'm able to make it that quick at the short wheel base(SWB). I do plan to eventually get an extended swingarm and some other stuff, but for now, budget is still a budget, haha.

So first, just a crappy pic from the cell phone and the two pics I had posted before from when I got to Vance & Hines.

Exhaust shot

Ok, so one of the first things I want to do is get this thing lower. The lower the better for me for racing it as SWB(short wheel base). So the first part of it was to relocate the rectifier. For some reason on the gen2 busa's('08+) they put them down here in front of the rear tire.

They make this bracket to relocate it and the stock wiring is long enough not to have to do any cut/splicing, so it's a simple bolt on procedure.

One part that sucks that you can kinda see, is the bolts for the rear pegs. Now, I will have a passenger on the bike every so often, so I have to keep them on here. Unfortunately, Suzuki decided to keep the bolts that mounted these to the subframe UNDERNEATH the plastics. So you either have to remove the plastics everytime you want to put them back on or just leave it how it is and deal with them on there when racing.

So now all of that is out of the way. The rectifier location is now the same as the '99-'07 generation. You can see it cleans it up nice and the only thing there is the suspension.

Last edited by Crawlin; 04-18-2010 at 10:23 AM.