Super Charging my 01 Impala

I have the 3800 - and I know we got some GTP members on here that know a hell of alot more about this motor then myself. I have the option of getting a charger from an 02 GTP for 150 bucks. I understand I might need a new intake manifold and pulleys - what else would I need to modify? Do I need a new head and internals?
    iPedal : AIM:BMXpORK : Milwaukee, Wi : SUICIDEDOORS

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I'm definately no expert on the SC'ed 3.8's but I don't think the engines are the same or its as simple as bolting on a supercharger to one....if so I'm sure the whole top end changes with it among other things....hopefully the GTP guys will see and respond.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

A regular know-it-all Tetris Champion Snake Champion Lasagna From Heaven Champion Mac Man Champion Mahjong. Champion Mini Putt 3 Champion Plastic Saucer Champion Ratman Ralph Champion Prince Valiant's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    easiest way is to buy a 2003 impala SS with the S/C in place.
    1979 Lil' Red Express -Officially the quickest "bolt-on" LRT in the country.
    1989 Shelby CSX #500/500
    The most powerful production Minivan, ever...

Be sure to check out my weekly adventures on the second page of your Sunday Comics!

Ol' School Ron North's Jewels Champion
    Then he would have to remove and reinstall all of his pretty lights.

Yeah I saw it at the dells.

The motors are way to different to do it. Your better off buying a whole series 2 with the blower and the PCM.

My 3800 is the series 2 though. Hrmm

"You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves." -Abraham Lincoln

I mean the S/C series 2

Oh I know what you meant - hrmm. I dunno - I guess I talked to the wrong guy about this whole thing.

He basically said that it was an easy swap. I dont really feel the need to swap the motor to get 60 horse out of it. Speed limit is 40 anyways.

So the 3800 Series 2 and the 3800 S/C Series 2 are two totally different engines?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver350
    Then he would have to remove and reinstall all of his pretty lights.

Yeah I saw it at the dells.
    Well, I'm glad you didnt stop to make an obnoxious comment like that.

I had wanted to do the same to my 1996 Olds 88. But then I was informed that, there are differences like pistons and I thought either crank or rods or both.
    Jamie

01 F150 Screw 5.4 4x4 99 VW Jetta 64 Olds Cutlass
    83 Cutlass Gbody Wagon 85 Suzuki GS700ES needs some new parts now

2k3gtp

Theres alot of difference between the L36 and the L67. First off wiring harnesses and vacum/boost lines. Then we can move on to the heads and injectors. Um throttlebody I believe, pcm, compression is 8.5 vs 10.5 IIRC. Ok so to make things easier I sold my 2002 GP GT for a new 2003 GP GTP just to make my life easierm but if you really wanna do this is possible just make sure you, oh yeah the transmission is different too on has a 4t65e and the other has a 4t65e-HD, get an engine and tranney with low miles from someone reliable who isnt going to screw you. Your best bet for that, if you dont already have someone in mind, would be Ed Morad from club gp. He is pretty much the GP parts GOD over there.

Any more questions check out L67swap.com

Sounds like it would be a better idea to let the charger idea go for awhile. Only reason I asked is because I could have gotten the blower for only 100 bones. Thanks for the help though guys - It is much appreciated.