Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PureSound15 View Post
    The appraisal will have nothing to do with lender, other than who the lender chooses.
    In this case it does, b/c i can only borrow 97% of the value. unless i find a diff lender, maybe.

/////////////////////////////////////

so i got something from the company.

I seen multiple errors, about 4. biggest ones being the house somehow collects $700/mo MORE than what it does? and also, it says there is no parking available, which there is.

Also, the lady noted a few comparables were used b/c lack of comparables. But honestly, they all seemed 'decent' to me, and were in the general area.

Im starting to think that the deal i was getting, just wasnt that sweet. the comparables sold for as little as $52k, which seems astronomically low to me! A Duplex, ready to rent, for 52k in south milwaukee? Im going to save my pennies, and try and buy up one of the ultra-cheap ones instead.

I'm wondering if any of the homes used for comparison were foreclosures. If they were, price alone does not tell the whole story. I agree it might pay to keep looking and get a good feel for prices in your market. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    foreclosures. .
    yea im thinking the same. i think i could call her and get her to fix it, and it would appraise higher. 700$/mo more would be bad, b/c it threw off alot of the figures (sq foot / $ payed), and it got -'points' from it. idk if it would make a diff or not, but Im going to try and find a foreclosure, hopefully.

imagine buying a duplex in a good neighborhood for 52k, you'de pay like.. nothing to live
    Last edited by Turbo-Triumph; 04-13-2010 at 09:59 PM.