Not to be taken serious Karps TA's Avatar

McNabb traded to the 'Skins

That's crazy. I'm not even sure how that is allowed to happen. I could have sworn it was against the rules to trade your aging, couldn't win the big game, QB to a hated division rival. I thought for sure the rule is you need to trade him to a non conference team you don't play who is offering you a worse deal first. Then that player can go to the hated rival the following year AND get to keep their draft picks.

Seems to me like Philly dropped the ball on this one. I should call the commissioner and complain.

Ex-Trans Am owner.

Wow, I really did not understand that move. I think Donovan gives them the best chance to win for now and for a few more years down the road. The only way this move works out is if Kolb is ready. If he fails to produce like I belive he will, I think it's a bad move in many different ways.
    Last edited by 70challenger452; 04-05-2010 at 03:21 AM.

cruiser-70 challenger- 452 low deck
    beater-93 Dakota 4x4-360 magnum-14.88@90
    sled- 04 Pro-X2 600-Mostly stock for now

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    I dont think Kolb is going to be anything special either definitly wont lead them to the playoffs.

The eagles tried to get mcnabb to go to buffalo, cleveland and oakland... Mcnabb said no he'd retire, so he kinda forced them to trade him away or stay in philly.

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

I totally called this a the end of the eagles season. Not what team, but I said that mcnabb will be traded in the off season.
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndegroot2
    Twitter: http://http://twitter.com/deggyfresh
    PS3 name: deggyfresh

98 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x2 - Still ready for some snow drags.

Kolb showed a helluva lot more then Rodgers did before he was given the keys to the bus. Kolb played very well in the games he filled in for McNabb this past year. He's a much more accurate passer then McNabb is. I think it's a step up for the Eagles. Never been a big fan of Mcnabb.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

I always thought McNabb was a little overrated, a very solid QB for sure but never great. He throws some real ugly passes at times but he doesn't seem to have slipped really, "only" 33 but they've liked Kolb for quite some time it seems. Trading to a rival is pretty unusual and I'm sure they really didn't want to.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Extremely surprising move. That's Philadelphia for you though. Very fickle fans.

I take birdshit personally.

They did it out of respect to Mcnabb and wanting to do him right, instead of shipping him off somewhere he didn't want to play. Apparently it's okay for a team to treat a longtime player well when they feel they need to go in a different direction. Whodathunk it?
    Ex-Trans Am owner.

If I were them I would of dumped him to the Raiders and said STFU . Giving him to a rival is a recipe for disaster, even if it's the Redskins. With Shanahan and perhaps a real front office, they just might surprise.
    86' MCSS - 13.35 @103
    87' MCLS - 14.55 @96
    02' Regal GS - Who cares

Now, will T.O. go to Washington? I don't think he will be returning to Buffalo.

I know they didn't get along the greatest but the Skins have shit for recievers. Moss is crap, Cooley is crap. Coles is gone. Who do they have?

ive always been a fan of mcnabb...also think eagles fans are retarded for all the bitching they have done since he got there...they will be wishing they had him when they finish 4th in the division this year...
    " EVERYBODY HAS A PLAN...UNTIL THEY GET HIT!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Karps TA View Post
    They did it out of respect to Mcnabb and wanting to do him right, instead of shipping him off somewhere he didn't want to play. Apparently it's okay for a team to treat a longtime player well when they feel they need to go in a different direction. Whodathunk it?
    Man does every foot all post you make have to be whining about Favre? Get over it!
    -Tyler

That technically wasn't whining about Favre more whining about Thompson for worrying more about where Farve went then getting the best deal for him.
    Ex-Trans Am owner.