Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotion View Post
    Tyler,
    There is a black 07' awd for sale on Capital right next to REI. I didn't get a chance to look at it, but I picked up my 06' from there loaded for about 22k with 22k on the odometer. I agree with Tom, mpg isn't great, fun to drive, winter tires needed with awd in the winter months. I have heard of great things when putting a higher stall in these things. Worst part about the trucks is the transmissions, they are shit, and the wind noise that is "normal" coming from the rear doors (quarter windows) and the rear hatch glass. Check out tbssowners.com and check out the oiling issues, transmissions, and wind noise. I love the truck personally, as I am sure the others on here will say it is a good all around truck, but if I did it again, I would choose a 07' and up. 06's were more prone to failures, must be because of the first year of the SS. Good luck.
    What's the main problem with the 06's compared to the 07's and up?

I'm probably going to be waiting until the end of summer now to save up a good down payment on one and find a buyer for my truck or get a good trade (haha yeah right).

I've heard the issues with the transmissions, but I supposed there isn't a transmission out there that enjoys AWD launches what's the oiling problems you speak of?
    -Tyler

Fast grocery getter...
    http://www.ss-shootout.com/differences.html

You can find the oil starvation issue at #6 cylinder on tbssowners.com, check it out there are quite a few posts about it.
    2006 AWD Black TBSS
    Tom tuned
    ...Now it's Loose and Loud!!!

Wow after reading all that I'm almost thinking of staying away from one of these things. That cylinder #6 issue is pretty widespread, gg GM. Amongst all the other issues they kind of seem like pieces of shit.
    Last edited by T-Bag; 03-28-2010 at 12:16 PM.
    -Tyler