Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member..now yer posting! JBs92Lude's Avatar

Worth of a pool table light?

I bought a pool table used and it came with a 1988 Old Style Heileman's pool table light. I am unable to find anything on the internet if this is actually worth something. Does anyone know a good place/website that would know what it may be worth or know anyone who knows any information on vintage pool table lights? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.
    '02 Suzuki SV650
    '92 lavender prelude

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    its worth $20 i will give ya $8

Take a good picture and include that picture in an ad on Craigslist accepting best offers. You never know what somebody might offer you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    Take a good picture and include that picture in an ad on Craigslist accepting best offers. You never know what somebody might offer you.....
    I put it up for $150, and I had an email within 2 hours of me listing it. However the person is willing to drive an hour here for it and is really excited about it. I thought maybe it was worth more because I really didn't know what it was worth and I cannot find anything online about it. I have been looking for over an hour and still don't know. Doesn't seem to exist on the internet.
    '02 Suzuki SV650
    '92 lavender prelude

You could also list it on eBay, but then shipping becomes an issue if the buyer is not local. Post up some pictures; I am now curious what it looks like.....

beer related pool table lights especially older ones go for decent cash on ebay or cl. I would say min of $100 for a decent sized one.

'02 Suzuki SV650
    '92 lavender prelude

'02 Suzuki SV650
    '92 lavender prelude

Very nice, first time seeing one like that.....

I put it up on craigslist for $150, and what made me wonder if it was possibly worth something was due to a person who is driving nearly an hour on Saturday to get it and is really excited about it. As a result, I tried to look it up online and it doesn't seem to exist.
    '02 Suzuki SV650
    '92 lavender prelude

thats a nice sized pool table light! the last one I sold went for $300 and a lady drove in from madison to pick it up as a gift for her husband.

Since when is something from the late 80's considered vintage :P
    _] Jeff
    _] '08 Audi A4 S-Line
    _] '98 Eclipse Spyder GS-T
    _] '93 Toyota Camry
    www.flickr.com/photojeffic

Quote Originally Posted by wikked View Post
    Since 2010 when a 1990 Tempo could be registered as a "collector"
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

1/2 BCM POOL Tag Champs 97z2801ss's Avatar
    Yea a buddy has that exact same light over his pool table. not exactly vintage but cool Id say its prob worth what i had a mgd one like that I sold a few years back for 175.

What really gets u good loot is neon signs if u know someone who owns a bar or liqour store ask ab em..

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,than with a kind word alone."-Al Capone

"Ever since we was kids,we always knew that people can be bought.It was only a question of who did the buyin' and for how much"-Charlie "Lucky" Luciano

I sold a Leines canoe pool table light last year for $800. Those are only about 5 years old so yours could be worth a lot if its in good condition. Problem is there aren't many out there, the vendors take them back and most of them get junked or go to friends. I would try to get more info before you just dump it for 150.

Quote Originally Posted by 97z2801ss View Post
    What really gets u good loot is neon signs if u know someone who owns a bar or liqour store ask ab em..
    Not as much as you might think, my somewhat rare Budweiser lizard sign sold for a LOT less than expected.....

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooformula View Post
    thats a nice sized pool table light! the last one I sold went for $300 and a lady drove in from madison to pick it up as a gift for her husband.
    Ya I was expecting something smaller. I'd bet it's worth some decent cash (more than 150). Call pickers off the history channel They'll give ya $50 and sell it for $450.
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

R.I.P. BCM Jawashoot Champion Toby and Kiki Champion GTSLOW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wikked View Post
    Since when is late 80's civic considered a "Collectors Car?"
    All posts from the above author are expected to be 100% BS. Thank you and have a nice day.

Well thanks for the input everyone... I think I will just sell it for the 150 and leave it at that, maybe the people who are buying it from me know more than I do, or as Yoo said, maybe they just collect Old Style stuff. I really have no way of finding what it is worth, and have had no other emails on craigslist since I listed it.

And the light is over 20 years old, so I would suppose that make its a classic... just as a 1988 Honda is a classic... lol
    '02 Suzuki SV650
    '92 lavender prelude

Quote Originally Posted by Car Guy View Post
    Not as much as you might think, my somewhat rare Budweiser lizard sign sold for a LOT less than expected.....
    exactly and its a pain in the ass to try to ship and insure! more trouble than its worth.