Chain riveting tool. Anyone have one I can use?

Just installed my brand new chain and sprocket kit on my 94 cbr600 f2. Install went great. But one major problem.

I assumed(why do I ever assume? lol) that it would come with a clip style and a rivet style master link. I would use the clip style just to get me to a shop and have them quickly rivet the chain together. Got my kit. Did the install. And realized it only came with a rivet style. So now I am stuck at home with my bike and have no way to get it to a shop for them to rivet it. I also don't feel like spending money on a clip style master link just to use it for 10 mins and then never use it again. Waste of money especially with me being unemployed.

So I call out to BCM. Does ANYONE have a riveting tool I can borrow? It will take no more than 5 mins I am assuming to finish it up(Everything is installed already) I would gladly buy lunch for anyone that has one and I can use.
    2000 Dodge Neon...Low and Slow
    2010 Dodge Caliber...Daily/Winter
    1994 Honda CBR600F2...Go Fast toy

Why does it have to be riveted? you can just get a clip master and run it all the time? my busa have a clip master i believe? or you need its riveted because of the length of the chain.
    2001 Trans Am WS6, Race car
    [COLOR="Blue"]2006 Tacoma Xrunner

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    i have a hand pop rivet tool and a air pop rivet tool.. the hand ones can be bought at the local hardware store for less then $15 bucks.. just use it and return it...

I have a regular rivet gun. Chain rivets are not the same.

2006 roadking custom. KF 9000 Champion 0TransAm0's Avatar
    ah. ok..

Ol' School
    Your not selling cars anymore man?

Why not just throw it on a trailer/in a pick up and take it to a shop if that's what you thought you'd be doing anyway..?
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Quote Originally Posted by RanJer View Post
    Why not just throw it on a trailer/in a pick up and take it to a shop if that's what you thought you'd be doing anyway..?
    Don't have a truck/trailer to do this with. And no I thought it would come with a clip style master link and a rivet style. I was going to put the clip style on and ride it to a shop and have them put the rivet on. I wanted to do the install as I don't want to pay 70 bucks an hour for them to do something that i can do myself.

And kelly I am no longer selling cars. I couldn't take it anymore. Horrible manager there. Plus the hours were beyond gay. And then for 3 weeks we had like no customers come in so I didn't make a fucking dime for 3 weeks.

If you're in tosa, as your loc says.. I have a truck if you end up needing a lift. I put my F2 in the back of a ranger years ago, isn't hard. Just have to help me lift the cap off quick. Just let me know if you end up needing to go that route.

EDIT: I also have ratchet straps, so no worries there.
    Last edited by RanJer; 03-22-2010 at 10:55 PM.
    98 Ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 Ext Cab
    02 TLR

Awesome. Thank you for that option. If it comes down to that(I am hoping it doesn't) then I will let you know.

Got a tool and finished the chain install. Thanks for the offers everyone!