Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thx Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAron View Post
    How about some updated header pics?
    They're D-ports now and some of the black paint is missing.

I'm sure the $900 from the win will help with the repair costs.

Like I said Mark, only you, only you.

Mark/Tom this might be something to look into.......

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=238437

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleAron View Post
    Mark/Tom this might be something to look into.......

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=238437
    We were kicking around the idea of doing something like that. The key is to make it strong enough to take a hit but weak enough to not bend up the frame if it comes down real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Fuel Tom View Post
    We were kicking around the idea of doing something like that. The key is to make it strong enough to take a hit but weak enough to not bend up the frame if it comes down real hard.
    That was kind of my thinking, I would rather have header damage then frame damage.

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    the ones for the 4th gens that they posted pics of by Madman Racing have worked VERY well. Lots of the guys from ls1tech were using them when they were trying to figure out chassis stuff and helped save ALOT of stuff.

Mark doesn't need them though, he's got the lucky pixie dust, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    the ones for the 4th gens that they posted pics of by Madman Racing have worked VERY well. Lots of the guys from ls1tech were using them when they were trying to figure out chassis stuff and helped save ALOT of stuff.

Mark doesn't need them though, he's got the lucky pixie dust, haha.
    4th gen strut towers and frame sections are bigger and made of thicker metal than the Fox bodys. More meat to mount the bars, less chance of bending the frame. You can do it on a fox body, just would have to be a little more selective with tube diameter, wall thickness and mounting points. That engineering kind of stuff.

new and improved
    Nothing that some F150 skid plates cant take care of...

and im not going up again. fixed it the next pass

I wanna go fast... $title Champion Crawlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Fuel Tom View Post
    4th gen strut towers and frame sections are bigger and made of thicker metal than the Fox bodys. More meat to mount the bars, less chance of bending the frame. You can do it on a fox body, just would have to be a little more selective with tube diameter, wall thickness and mounting points. That engineering kind of stuff.
    Hahaha. Don't look at me, i'm going to school for management, not engineering, haha.

but it's cool info to know how much meaty difference there is between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlin View Post
    Hahaha. Don't look at me, i'm going to school for management, not engineering, haha.
    I thought you were going to school for engineering. I figured I could have you do some finite element analysis on it for me.